XSRB2 vX-010 - Updated 7.17.11 7:11PM EDT (xsrb2-010.zip/xmus.dta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xsrb0000.png

Do I win yet? Hole 7 is nearly impossible because of the EXACT power to get it across.

No you didn't.
xsrb0007.png

Oh god damn it. :<

Someone needs to put together a video of a best run of Golf Mode.

This is why I kept this screenshot around.

xsrb0310.png

I cannot open the game. It just opens right and without entering the game the launcher dissapears.

Well when you click on XSRB2 the mini screen that says "sonic team jr presents" and loads the files in I think it just dissapears and the game does not work.

I've just tested vX-005. Theres some pretty nice tweaks in sonic golf and a completly new course. It's actually more challenging.
Also why is tunes 1050 available? (The music that triggers the super virus fight in SRB2JTE?)

Just because it's tunes 1050 doesn't mean it's the super virus. That music in xsrb2's music wad (xmus.dta) is named O_SKY_RM so it is probably going to be used in the sky room at some point later on.

Ok darkbob... Anyway I haven't really spotted anthing else with this release apart from the updated staff times and the "Replay attack" placeholders

Wow, I could've sworn I saw the future of SRB2 when I played this mod. The levels added on to there are awesome, especially the bosses. Not to mention the changes made on there; which are way past cool. *shot*

Anyway, this is a fantastic mod, and you should definitley continue working on it.

9.5/10

Vedy slick work. A few slight hassles:

- Faster loading is nice, but not in the cutscenes - in the opening it switches scenes too quickly and loses sync with the music.

- One problem with having to unlock Golf: if you haven't done anything in SRB2 to earn the Bonus Levels menu, then even with the secrets menu you still can't get to Golf without going around it.

- Nasty loop on that Character Select BGM :x

- Faster loading is nice, but not in the cutscenes - in the opening it switches scenes too quickly and loses sync with the music.

I couldn't care less about the intro, honestly.

- One problem with having to unlock Golf: if you haven't done anything in SRB2 to earn the Bonus Levels menu, then even with the secrets menu you still can't get to Golf without going around it.

Hence that's just a temporary place for it. Of course, in the future, it's going to be an unlock anyway, so...

- Nasty loop on that Character Select BGM :x

That's actually completely accurate to the original game, and most people don't stay on that screen for more than five seconds anyway so I can't be damned to change it regardless.

Okay, I gave this a go, and I have to comment. This is some pretty slick stuff. Factory Farce is exactly as creative and fun as I imagined it to me, and Golf mode is ridiculously amusing. Level packs, save games and replays are handled beautifully when compared to vanilla SRB2's support, and the miscellaneous changes done to minor aspects of the game polish the game and fix some of the nagging issues I had with it.

I really hope at least some of this content makes its way to SRB2 proper, namely the level pack/save game stuff, as well as title cards appearing before the fade-in, and hopefully even Sonic Golf. :)

I haven't had the chance to play Shards yet, so I'll get back to you once I've done so.

EDIT: Bug report - When you turn into Super Sonic, your spinning animation speed freezes itself to however fast you were moving when you transformed. When you turn back into normal Sonic, the animation speed starts changing dynamically again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back