Sonic Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
The silhouette makes him look like Shadow...oh no, is it gonna be another Hedgehog?
Wasn't it confirmed long ago that this game would introduce a new hedgehog? Of course, specifically that silhouette might not be another hedgehog, but something is going to be another hedgehog, if I remember right.

9EE8E11FE6500EDBDA62B3F101F297BB43B980F7

Katwover has won the Internet.

Hilltop Zone is practically an Emerald Hill clone, which is practically a Green Hill clone

Clone Zone. Act 5.

What offends me way more is how clearly wrong their "classic Sonic" physics are. There's clearly no momentum at all.

What offends me way more is how clearly wrong their "classic Sonic" physics are. There's clearly no momentum at all.

Not to mention because of the whacked out physics, his momentum gets cut massively when he bounces on an enemy or the moment he goes into those S shaped tunnels, they would normally send Sonic skyrocketing past everything. There is no emphasis on platforming or classic physics at all.

Most of this is a "Hold Right to win" fest with the occassional hit an enemy, spring section or reach an S shaped tunnel. I haven't seen any alternate or branching parts along with secrets. I really hope this is still in beta stage because along with the art style (which looks quite tacky, unless they're mixing Geneations/Lost World styles), looking at the level overall in this current state just feels underwhelming, especially the fact Sonic Generations' Green Hill looks fucking gorgeous and even Sonic Mania's (While still in development) Green Hill Zone looks fantastic and are designed brilliantly.

Also on the video at 1:22, is the Drop Dash confirmed, or is it just a regular spin attack the player does upon landing?

Last edited:
I'm just wondering why all of the sudden making Green Hill Zone or a GHZ themed zone the first zone in the rotation is such a huge problem now. I really don't see a problem with it and it hasn't been a problem at all. Nobody complains that the first world in each new Mario game is generic green grasslands. It's just a formula that Sonic Team likes taking and it's common over a majority of Sonic's games with a few exceptions like the Adventure games, Shadow, Sonic Advance 3, Sonic 06, Storybook Series, Rush Adventure, and Colors. I think everyone is just trying to find a reason to complain at this point over the most smallest stuff that Sonic Team decides to do with development for a new game.

As for Green Hill Zone (the level not the theme) itself in Forces, I kinda don't like it. Something really rubs me the wrong way with springs being scattered everywhere where the player would normally have to jump over the obstacle or bump in the road to progress. Even when the player would normally have to use another means to progress (Ex. seesaw), there's a spring there making the seesaw pointless. The music is also really uninteresting to me after hearing it several times over. Did I also mention that this Green Hill Zone looks really flat?

I don't think people's problem is there being a Green Hill-esque level as the first, but rather, that the first level is literally Green Hill. You'd hear the exact same whining if the first level were, say, Seaside Hill, because everyone's sick of that place (especially the All Stars Racing players) and want to see something new.
It sounded like I was joking when I said a "clone of a clone of a clone...just might work," but really, I wasn't, and I'd prefer if they'd done that instead of just going with the original again, believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back