[Open Assets] SSG3's Custom monitors [V4 Update]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSG3

Oh, THAT Youtuber...
The original monitors are untouched. Instead, New ones have been added. Note that this isn't related to MonitorsPlus in any way, and usually isn't updated often

Use spawncustommonitor without any arguments for more information on how to spawn these custom monitors

The red S is the semi-super monitor. It gives you invincibility and super sneakers for 1 minute for the majority of the players who snag this. (The custom invincibility music plays twice as fast, too! Yet this is a different music entry rather than being part of O_INVINC)

The Yellow S is the hyper monitor. It works the same was as the Sonic 3 & Knuckles super monitor for the majority of the players who break this.

The Blue 5 on the monitor is the Furious 5 Monitor. Yes, 5 rings will circle around you in the style of Mario kart/Super SRB2 Kart Z. To fire them, press custom button 3 when the ring you want to fire is directly in front of you. The good part, it doesn't consume your ring count. Have fun with this newest addition [Automatic, Scatter and rail rings will be added in due course, to which this monitor will be updated to hold them around the circle]

A Ring with a ? is self explanatory of what it is. that's right, it's the Random Ring monitor. Upon its destruction, it'll give you a random amount of rings from 5 to 25. (We don't need a GIF of it, since it's a very simple monitor and only affects your ring count)

NEW TO V4: My Red Star and Mega Mushroom mods appear here in monitor form! They function as normal, yet for the Mega Mushroom there's a 1 in 10 chance the music will be different. DO NOT ADD THIS ALONGSIDE THE RED STAR OR MEGA MUSHROOM MODS, AS THIS WILL CAUSE BUGS!

This also changes A_Invincibility to loop the music. (Yes, there's custom music, too!)

Credits to motdspork for letting me use his hyper.lua in my wad, and to Nintega21 for making the monitor sprites for red star and mega mushroom.

Known bugs (But not fixing):
The music for red star, semisuper monitor and mega mushroom might start to play against each other (mega mushroom runs out but you also have red star active: the music resets to the map/invinc/sneakers/super music, semisuper monitor could sometimes play the normal speed version and cut out at the loop point... which cannot be fixed, extra life causing the same problems, etc)

Here are GIFs of at least half of them in action. The other half you'll need to take a look for yourself...

WelcomeNervousEyas.gif
AltruisticMaleIchidna.gif
DistinctShortGarpike.gif

Attachments

• custommonitors.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 822
Last edited:
New update is out.

NEW: Furious 5 Monitor Added
My semisuperhypermonitor and it's unreleased "patch" have been merged into one, along with the newest monitor, meaning 5 Custom monitors are now available for you to spawn off the bat [the fake copies of the semisuper and hyper monitor only affect me [both monitors], super tails [fake semi-super] and hedgefox [fake hyper monitor will give him more rings and turn him into "Dreamy" hedgefox], otherwise they'll behave just like a normal semisuper/hyper monitor when broken]

You know, looking at this, it can be really useful for match/ctf, even the Riders mod could use the powerful 5 monitor... nice job!

Wow, nice Mario Kart reference there, though.
But, in Mario Kart, the items that are circling around you can still hurt map objects like players and enemies.

Bugfix V2.1: Fixed the rings that rotate the player still sticking around after they dc/leave/synch out

EDIT:
Wow, nice Mario Kart reference there, though.
But, in Mario Kart, the items that are circling around you can still hurt map objects like players and enemies.

Thanks. And I know about how mario kart's circling items functioned since I've played it alot, but I thought it would be better if the player fired them in their own time.

EDIT2:
Bugfix V2.2: Bounce rings now last their usual time rather than forever

Last edited:
V3 is out
Additions:
New shield added: Low Gravity Shield (uses the shield flag SH_FLAMEAURA, the slot for the unused S3&K Fire Shield)

Abilities:
- Can breath in water and space
- Gravity is considerably lower

This still hurts you in lava, though, so for being invulnerable to lava, you'll still need the elemental shield

Through testing, I noticed that this shield can stack with the other shields, and getting hit will lose both shields. This is still true. For you guys, consider this a feature rather than a bug.

Last edited:
Maybe you could make the 'feature' into another lua: Shield Combining.

But anyways, the new shield is very handy, especially in that one level MK made.

Bugfix: Fixed the shield still hanging about when a player leaves the game.

Maybe you could make the 'feature' into another lua: Shield Combining.

But anyways, the new shield is very handy, especially in that one level MK made.

Huh? Which map?

edit: lowgrav shield isnt spawning for me either :v

Last edited:
Sorry about that. I found i missed out a bracket. It's been fixed. Redownload it from the OP.

now apparently these errors pop out when you play:

WARNING: ./Wads/custommonitors.wad|LUA_DERP:464: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.
WARNING: ./Wads/custommonitors.wad|LUA_LOWG:40: Attempt to remove player mobj with P_RemoveMobj.

after that whenever you use the command NONE of them spawn, even with Objectplace.

Bugfix relating to the shield being given when you break any other shield monitor and not losing the shield when you have only that shield.

EDIT: Bugfix relating to the shield not scaling or flipping with the player.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to get the hyper tails lua in a seperate lua all together because its sorta annoying to load a monitor before every act for it i already asked modtspork but he said he might do it on his spare time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back