Suggestions

• More translucency settings available for FOFs.
  • Snailers that move along ceilings and flats.
  • More ambience sound effects.

If the final map in a level pack is Act 1 or 0, simply getting saved to that map gets your save completed.
This is major issue for custom mods. PLEASE make the autosave check a level header setting, and not hardcoded to be on the first act of a zone.

hey, is possible to make srb2 totally 3D?
this is my great dream, I have only one suggestion about 3D, stop using Doom's engine and begin using a whole new engine from Game Maker, this tool is awesome!

Ankoctoaragon: If that's the case, then say goodbye to proper resource management, Binary Space Partitioning, software rendering (important for compatibility), and ports to Linux, PSP, Pandora, and Wii.

SRB2 is on the Doom Legacy engine, but at least it's programmed in a real language that allows this kind of freedom.

this is my great dream (...) Game Maker, this tool is awesome!

I know GM, even GML (oh my suffering days on GML...), and I know what Mark Overmars said about GM (2007, in "Adding Depth to Games").

Game Maker does not directly support 3-dimensional game worlds although there are functions for 3-dimensional graphics

In my humble opinion, SRB2 does way better what GM does.

My dream was to find a game that allows me to customize, build levels, create scripts, play multiplayer and access a wide documentation, all in easy way. I found this game 2 years ago.

Noisy/Dirty floor:

This effect (given by linedef effect or sector type) gives a sector or FOF the capability of producing noise and/or dust effect when a character walks on. Let me explain better by showing similar effect: if you walk over lava or shallow water, the FOF plays a "splash-splash" sound and you see the water crackling after character's feet.

This could be used in ACZ to produce "dust" when player walks on some areas, and a metallic noise when the player walks into ducts in ERZ and in catwalks.

Last edited:
Noisy/Dirty floor:

<Description>

This could be used in ACZ to produce "dust" when player walks on some areas, and a metallic noise when the player walks into ducts in ERZ and in catwalks.
I like this, and there could also be a sound for when the player walks on a stone floor (i.e. Zelda OoT footsteps on concrete or stairs)

Not really useful, but to setlives/setrings for a certain player.

Example
NODE 1 SETLIVES 10 : Gives whoever is using NODE 1 10 lives.

NODE 5 SETRINGS 80 : Gives whoever is using NODE 5 80 Rings.

But... this would maybe make Match/CTF/H&S/Tag netgames unfair, as the Host can just give himself Rings and just SPAM Fire rings.

Perhaps Setting lives could be used, but... meh.

Oh, and Cheats will need to be turned on, of course.

I support it. But let me re-elaborate it:

SETLIVES <N> [NODE]
SETRINGS <N> [NODE]

If node number is given, the command affects only the player on given node. If not, the command affects all players. <N> is number of lives/rings and is always required.

"Sometimes" a player gets game-over; I, as server, need to rescue him by giving lives, but if I use SETLIVES, I end up ruining the challenge of other players. It's what happens currently.

To not make Match/CTF/H&S/Tag netgames unfair, the [NODE] is disabled, like other commands that are disabled when used in wrong gametype.

Last edited:
Edit: -.- (shut up SP)

I kind of agree, the original Midnight Freeze track is better than the one we have now a bit. But the Hydro Plant one is pretty much the same as the one for used for Silver Cascade.

Last edited:
Well, uh, I don't know why Midnight Freeze was out (except for it being uncompletable with c-lag) but I know Hydro Plant won't come back without massive editing. Really, only one quarter of it could stay the same and the rest has to be different.
Notice the word TRACKS. He meant the music tracks, not the map.

I know this was probably mentioned MANY times, but PLEASE split Nospinjump and nospindash/multiability. It really takes something away from characters, especially unessesarry since nospinjump is just an aesthetic change and not gameplay changing like nospinsash/multiability.

Also, make Super glide (The ability kind, not the superform kind) use the ability frames. It really cuts the visual choices for characters.

CHARIDNUM for character skins/emblems. It would fix issues like..

This (character loaded in different order):
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3752/srb20001.png
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7255/srb20002.png

Obviously fixed via the IDNum.

Or this (wrong character):
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9315/srb20003.png
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2982/srb20004.png

This should tell you it's the wrong character ID.

Even this (Missing skins):
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/724/srb20005d.png

This should tell you the character with the right ID is missing and needs to be added to play rather than start up with a blue Sonic.

As for the icon.. dunno what could be done to display the correct icon even if the file isn't added.

Also the ability to have reverse chargable spindashes (maxdash being lower than mindash, mindash being higher than maxdash) and negative values for mix/maxdash or actionspd.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back