Anyone know of a decent synth program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have strangest urge to make some techno music lol.
I don't mean any MIDI garbage like Powertabs or Guitar Pro
but an actual synth program for dance remixes and such.

Try looking at OCRemix's FAQ for Remixing. You should find some there, but they cost moneyz.

An alternative would be Midi Maker, but I can't.._get_it_to fucking_work!

Thanks for the tip, I'll go check that out. Pfft, don't worry, by the power of µTorrent I don't have to worry about moneyz. ^_^

Edit (no.2): I'm thinking of going with fruity loops. I need a better drum machine than Beatcraft anyway and it comes with a soft synth engine. What do you think? Is FL good? Or a better question because I know it's good, is there anything better?

If you find anything better than FL, I'll eat my hard drive. I have FL6 and FL7, and I love both. I've also tried ACID Pro, but it wasn't as user friendly.

Yeah, I'm doubting there's anything better. I used to use Beatcraft but it just didn't sound real at all. I'm definitely with FL now.
I have a download of my first attempt at it in the Pirates Remix topic.

FL Studio is, hands-down, the best music composition program I've ever used. It's not insanely expensive, yet it's one of the most powerful programs you can get. I do all my music on it. Ask anyone who's heard some of my work, they'll tell you it's good.

(Edit: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d9pqdo You know it's epic. Don't deny it.)

Re: Re: Re: Anyone know of a decent synth program?

Experimentation is key. This is my first song ever utilizing changing cut and resonance filters. FL Studio has a plethora of features for you to use. Just try fooling around with them. You learn what they do and you can use that knowledge later when you're trying to achieve a certain sound. Also, try looking at the demo songs that come with FL Studio, especially Blake Reary's songs. (He tends to provide lots of documentation in his work.) You can learn quite a bit by poking around in them. There's also some tutorial projects included with FL Studio, too. The songs are under "Projects > Cool Stuff" and tutorials under the "Projects > Tutorial" section.

Thanks! I think I may have used one of his templates for my first song but I can't remember.
EDIT: yeah, it was his trance template I used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back