Suggestions

I feel like SRB2 still lacks the thing that made Classic Sonic games fun, The Speed (Also Unleashed tbh), For instance there isn't many open areas in most levels where you can freely run and blast enemies on your way (eg : GFZ1 & GFZ2), Most level focus mainly on Switches, Jumping, Grab this & that ... etc

I feel like Something needs to be done for few of the game's levels, Slopes can definitely bring more Speed to the game, though I'm not sure if there will be more open areas where players can run fast .

I feel like SRB2 still lacks the thing that made Classic Sonic games fun, The Speed (Also Unleashed tbh), For instance there isn't many open areas in most levels where you can freely run and blast enemies on your way (eg : GFZ1 & GFZ2), Most level focus mainly on Switches, Jumping, Grab this & that ... etc

I feel like Something needs to be done for few of the game's levels, Slopes can definitely bring more Speed to the game, though I'm not sure if there will be more open areas where players can run fast .

Classic Sonic games didn't have that many free-running sections either, especially not in the later levels. Play them again and you'll find there was a lot more platforming than you remember, and the feeling of going fast was pretty rare unless you were good at the platforming.

More Classic-Sonic-like levels like an Hidrocity instead of Deep Sea, because... just make more sense? i don't know... I feel better playing Classic Sonic levels.

Last edited:
Classic Sonic games didn't have that many free-running sections either, especially not in the later levels. Play them again and you'll find there was a lot more platforming than you remember, and the feeling of going fast was pretty rare unless you were good at the platforming.

Replay Sonic 2

They have some, sure, but most of the time, you can't just hold forward to win. There are obstacles in your path that you have to react to, and reacting to them in a way that lets you keep your speed up requires a level of skill that many players won't have from the get-go. That's exactly what made the well-designed parts of the classic Sonic games well-designed - going fast was a reward for gitting gud.

Castlebot Facestabbers are the easiest enemies in the game, they need bigger hitboxes and need a buff. Like when their charging, you cannot hurt them.

They have some, sure, but most of the time, you can't just hold forward to win. There are obstacles in your path that you have to react to, and reacting to them in a way that lets you keep your speed up requires a level of skill that many players won't have from the get-go. That's exactly what made the well-designed parts of the classic Sonic games well-designed - going fast was a reward for gitting gud.

You cant go fast by simply going forward. The classic sonic usually works is branching paths with the upper path being more risky while still allowing you to go faster

Just about every stage in SRB2 minus GFZ1 has alternate paths at some point that will give you a different challenge when you approach them. What's your point?

Just about every stage in SRB2 minus GFZ1 has alternate paths at some point that will give you a different challenge when you approach them. What's your point?

Shortcuts. There are ways to get to the goal faster such as the upper paths in GfZ2 just like classic sonic does

I don't have time to check, but it isn't currently possible to offset a middle texture to make it overlap the upper or lower textures of the sector, is it? I know you can do it with FOFs, but I want it for sectors. It'll be cool, promise.

It would be cool to add the weather station system again, as in the old versions, the theme of Halloween and Christmas, something that I have never even understood because they have removed it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back