SRB2 lagging? This might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. When we feel OpenGL is fixed enough to be put back in, we will put it back in.

Wow! That means it actually CAN come back!!!! Yay!

Personally, I love OpenGL mode a lot more. I have less framerate issues, squared walls doesn´t look bad, and it´s awesome at high resolutions. In fact, there are rooms like the conveyor belts one in ERZ1 that looks ugly, just because you see just many pixels moving in the background, without actually noticing how the walls are. Levels like GFZ look uglier too.

And I only played with a bilinear filter...

I liked the visuals of Software, but the glitches (I mean the functional stuff like first person aim, but nice job with that on Software, guys.) made me opt for OpenGL with nearest filtering. Well, we'll just see how OGL turns out in 2.0, eh?

thanks, you just give me 2 more steps at sonic and then i shut down srb2. sorry, didn't really help

How many cores can SRB2 use?
I have HyperThreading, so that's sorta two.*

On one MB it just says I have 2 processors!

SRB2 uses multithreading but is not designed with multiple cores in mind. Vista onward will automatically put the main thread on the core with the least current load on it, but not all threads (like setting the affinity will do).

OpenGL is kind of fixed right now. It's so horrifyingly broken and crashes when you do pretty much anything, but it starts up as of 2.0.2.

SRB2 does not use multithreading, unless you count external libraries like FMOD.

Furyhunter said:
SRB2 uses multithreading but is not designed with multiple cores in mind. Vista onward will automatically put the main thread on the core with the least current load on it, but not all threads (like setting the affinity will do).

OpenGL is kind of fixed right now. It's so horrifyingly broken and crashes when you do pretty much anything, but it starts up as of 2.0.2.

Only ACZ1 crashes. The rest of the game is fine.

srb2sdl.exe is horribly broken on both Software and OpenGL, lsdlsrb2 and SRB2Mac are far more stable than srb2win.exe, and this is how I know this. =)

EDIT: Scratch that, on the latest SVN builds (and I think in 2.0.4 as well) ACZ1 no longer crashes in OpenGL.

Last edited:
You do know you have to run Srb2 for it to show, right?

Because that is how it is for my Task manger. Second it may say "Set priority" again maybe since I don't have a dual computer.

My computer las horribly on Music changes in any level like just hitting the 1-up box unless I type in the consle Tune XXX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back