Lost Worlds - VERSION 1.0 IS RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Get a load of THIS!!
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
I'm sure you all have heard me hinting at a mod I've been working on. Now you finally get to play it!

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4
Some of those screens are old.

This version includes :
- 8 playable acts.
- 1 custom boss.
- 2 custom enemies.
- 2 unlockable levels.

DOWNLOAD (0.9) :
Sendspace = http://www.sendspace.com/file/eky93f
Mirror = http://www.sapphirecontrol.net/srb2/scr_LostWorlds_v0-9.wad

DOWNLOAD (1.0) :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bwt2f7
More info in last post.

Also, the offical website is in my sig. It needs to be updated, though.

Last edited:
Cool! I'm gonna download this now. Then maybe post some bugs later... If I can find some.

Well, let me begin....

As far as Sapphire Coast goes, there is nothing too interesting about it, besides the custom enemy, that is, what do you call it? The spring on the turtle doesn't appear unless it is chasing after you. There were also a few places in act 2 that could have some more scenery.

I didn't like the desert level, the gameplay felt bland, and the level design felt pretty boring to be honest. As for the boss, it was a little too easy for my tastes, I suggest that you have him shoot as soon as he is vulrenable.

Poison Factory is imcomplete but the disign you have for it so far is pretty good, I was almost always moving. The boss map for this zone is way to big, maybe you could have rizing slime and barrels to jump on when its too high?

The main texture for Frozen Hillside is still an eye-strain, try making each design as big as 4 GFZ bricks. The custom enemies looked cool, but thier accuracy is pretty bad, and they don't shoot often, or pose much of a threat.

Magma Caver was my favorite, it kept me on my toes, and always had a surprize in the next area. You may have noticed this, but you can finish the level in the lava after it rizes, I fell in and thokked towards the end level sector and completed the level, lucky me. :P The boss was the best of the two custom ones, but it was really repetitive, nothing I can suggest to fix it however...

All in all, this is a really good pack of levels, imcomplete or not, nice job!

I remember a lot of this from the OLDC. I really like how you got the Lava reef music to loop this time, but you might still runn into theat carnival night problem in the same lavel, If you catch my meaning

Personally, I liked quite a lot of it.
The first zone met (and somewhat exceeded) my expectations in every way. It had a fresh look to it, and pretty much passed for a decent introductory level.

The desert level was "okay". Because of how short and unfinished it was, I didn't really get a feel for the level design. Just make sure to avoid making it a generic run-and-jump level. Please? Other than that, I was overall very satisfied wirh everything I played. Nice work, and I hope you plan to complete this pile of (potential) awesome.

Chrome said:
Well, let me begin....

As far as Sapphire Coast goes, there is nothing too interesting about it, besides the custom enemy, that is, what do you call it? The spring on the turtle doesn't appear unless it is chasing after you. There were also a few places in act 2 that could have some more scenery.
The robots are called Springy-Shells, and I know that the springs don't apear on spawn. I do not know how to fix that, though. Also, what parts need more scenery?

I didn't like the desert level, the gameplay felt bland, and the level design felt pretty boring to be honest. As for the boss, it was a little too easy for my tastes, I suggest that you have him shoot as soon as he is vulrenable.
I dislike act 1 too, and I plan on completely remaking it. I plan on keeping the boss the same, however.

Poison Factory is imcomplete but the disign you have for it so far is pretty good, I was almost always moving. The boss map for this zone is way to big, maybe you could have rizing slime and barrels to jump on when its too high?
I don't know what you mean by incomplete, as act 1 is done. I may make the boss battle smaller.

The main texture for Frozen Hillside is still an eye-strain, try making each design as big as 4 GFZ bricks. The custom enemies looked cool, but thier accuracy is pretty bad, and they don't shoot often, or pose much of a threat.
The textures will be made bigger, and I am working on how to make the Snow-Eggs deadlier. Also, this zone is not done, and needs to be longer.

Magma Caver was my favorite, it kept me on my toes, and always had a surprize in the next area. You may have noticed this, but you can finish the level in the lava after it rizes, I fell in and thokked towards the end level sector and completed the level, lucky me. :P The boss was the best of the two custom ones, but it was really repetitive, nothing I can suggest to fix it however...

The boss is not quite done yet, I plan on having it launch rockets that explode.

Ok... This is cool, you win. The magma core level has a great design. Very chalangeing. I like that.

That's nice, blargen. Instead of a stupid image, why not explain why it is cool?

Don't do that again.

SRB2MB Rules said:
11. Only give constructive criticism. There seem to be some questions about what constitutes constructive criticism around here, so please use these helpful examples:

* "This WAD is awful. Here's why: List" - Constructive. This clearly explains what is wrong with the WAD and even how it could be fixed.
* "This WAD is awful." - Not constructive. This doesn't explain anything about the WAD, and simply states a useless opinion. Keep this junk off the forum.
* "This WAD is awesome." - Not constructive. Just like the previous, this simply states a useless opinion. Mindless positive feedback is just as useless as mindless negative feedback.
* "You are awful." - Not constructive. This is a direct flame of another user, and is strictly forbidden on these forums.

The message in bold should explain why.

Dear lord. Hello civilization! I've finally got some time where I can actually visit this site for more than 45 seconds. Although it doesn't last long. I got to go to job A in an hour and a half, work until midnight, get 3 hours of sleep, then wake up at 4 for job B. But hey, such is life.

Anyway, I just downloaded this particular mod. I must say, I'm very impressed. Now I'll break the sections down as usual

Sapphire Coast 7/10
Playing your contest pack of this Zone, I feel some major deja vu playing it. But a good thing is that it's easy to get lost here, because that's just more of a challenge. I would however suggest you thin out the "springy-shells", because thokkers can use them to travel through this stage rather quickly.

Desert Sands 8/10
Ooh, I love this boss. And that's not sarcasm. It is a pain in the ass to try and hit him, especially with the flamethrower. The level? Thokfest. In my opinion, it's way to forgiving for a sand level. Maybe make gaps to fall in, or collapsing floors, possibly even speed up the sand.

Poison Factory 7.6/10
That music...Chemical Plant Remix! One of my favorite genesis themes. First thing I can say here is make some of your conveyor belts longer. The first one you come across is just a thok across. And the outside part here is confusing. Try and give direction without putting the dummy arrows in. (I've always hated those signs no matter what the game I'm playing)

Frozen Hillside 6.7/10
Heh heh...snowmen. Funny stuff. But this level is seemingly short. I don't know if that's just me or what, but generally icy levels take me about 3+ min to go through. This one was a little over 1 min. And considering the fact that I was flying blind, that's pretty fast. See if you can make this level a bit more nerve-racking.

Magma Core 9.5/10
Bonus points for being one of the first netgame levels I played! I thought I recognized you (and if you think about it, that was all the way back in 2007). BTW, is that chaos emerald still hidden in its one spot? I didn't check, I just kind of flew through it. What more can I say? Challenging, fast-paced, all around good level quality.

Overall 6.9/10
Please tell me that's not it. Even though most of the levels are good, it's an awfully short mod compared to most of the good mods (i.e. Mystic Realm, Chaos Twilight, Emerald Isles).

I felt that most of the levels (excluding Magma Core, that level is awesome) have almost no points of interest in them. The first zone is excusable because, well, it's the first level. It's got an awful nice feel to it, and the length is just right. However, most of the other levels had me feeling like I didn't really see anything interesting on my journey to the end level sign. Don't get me wrong, the level design wasn't bad, but it just didn't have me looking back at the experience thinking "dear god that particular part was awesome" like other good levels do.
Keeping that in mind, I still have to say that these are some of the finest levels I've played in a long time.

I didn't like the levels much. The music was the only thing that kept me playing through it. For every level I got stuck running around in circles somewhere. In Frozen Hill Side I was going in circles for two minutes. Frozen Hill Side could also use much more rings, along with a couple other levels.

Cheese said:
I didn't like the levels much. The music was the only thing that kept me playing through it. For every level I got stuck running around in circles somewhere. In Frozen Hill Side I was going in circles for two minutes. Frozen Hill Side could also use much more rings, along with a couple other levels.

Like I said earlier, Frozen Hillside is not yet complete. It's only about halfway done.

Well, here's what I think of the level pack, thus far, it's incomplete, so I'll overlook it, the levels are open, and while they may be lacking in scenery, in some places, they do a great job on conveying the "atmosphere" of the type of level they are, the custom boss fights, are very much original, with some really good artwork, and the use of custom music, is used very well in this case, this should definitely be finished, because it has a lot of potential, even in it's infancy, I'll give it, 8/10!!

Sonict said:
SRB2MB Rules said:
11. Only give constructive criticism. There seem to be some questions about what constitutes constructive criticism around here, so please use these helpful examples:

* "This WAD is awful. Here's why: List" - Constructive. This clearly explains what is wrong with the WAD and even how it could be fixed.
* "This WAD is awful." - Not constructive. This doesn't explain anything about the WAD, and simply states a useless opinion. Keep this junk off the forum.
* "This WAD is awesome." - Not constructive. Just like the previous, this simply states a useless opinion. Mindless positive feedback is just as useless as mindless negative feedback.
* "You are awful." - Not constructive. This is a direct flame of another user, and is strictly forbidden on these forums.
The message in bold should explain why.
I cant help it. I have a silly personality. I try as much as I can to avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back