• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[Beta] [SRB2Kart] F-Zero Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latius

Hybrid Kart Mapper/Porter
KSIGNF.png

As you may know, some of the most recent updates for SRB2Kart have included Silence from F-Zero into the rotation. And, inspired by it, I have desided to create my own SRB2Kart pack using the other tracks from F-Zero.

Current Pack Status:

Version Beta 3.0

Changelog:

Beta 2.0 - Added White Land 3, and put the maps in their own segment. (F1 through to FC is currently the planned section the pack will use, but may extend the section used into FH/FL/FP/FT/FX) Also changed the subtitles to the map creator(s) and added music for White Land

Beta 2.1 (#SRB2Fun only) - Added White Land I and II and Fire Field, and added music for Fire Field.

Beta 2.2 (#SRB2Fun only) - Sorted out the music so that it loops, and added some extra music as well.

Beta 3.0 - Added Mute City I and II and Nitro Starway. Also added level select images for all tracks.

Map Status:

F-Zero Maps:

Mute City I (Present in Beta 3.0 onwards - done by ah2190)
Big Blue (Present in Beta 1.0 onwards - done by ah2190)
Sand Ocean (Not Started)
Death Wind I (Present as part of Death Wind 3)
Silence (Present in SRB2Kart - done by D00D64)
Mute City II (Present in Beta 3.0 onwards - done by ah2190)
Port Town I (Will be made as part of Port Town 3)
Red Canyon I (Will be made as part of Red Canyon 3)
White Land I (Present in Beta 2.1 onwards - done by ah2190)
White Land II (Present in Beta 2.1 onwards - done by ah2190)
Mute City III (Not planned to be done... at least, not as part of the main rotation of ports)
Death Wind II (Present as part of Death Wind 3)
Port Town II (Will be made as part of Port Town 3)
Red Canyon II (Will be made as part of Red Canyon 3)
Fire Field (Present in Beta 2.1 onwards - done by ah2190)

New Maps:

Death Wind III (Present in Beta 1.0 onwards - done by ah2190 - combines Death Wind I and II, and is a 5-lap affair rather than the standard 3-laps)

Port Town III (Not Started - combines Port Town I and II, and is a 5-lap affair rather than the standard 3-laps)

Red Canyon III (Not Started - combines Red Canyon I and II, and is a 5-lap affair rather than the standard 3-laps)

White Land III (Present in Beta 2.0 onwards - done by ah2190 - combines White Land I and II, and is a 5-lap affair rather than the standard 3-laps)

Nitro Starway (Present in Beta 3.0 onwards - done by ah2190)

Screenshots:

Big Blue:
srb20029.png
srb20031.png

Death Wind III
srb20033.png
srb20039.png
srb20037.png

Links:

Download Beta 3.0 Here

CREDITS/THANKS:

CZ64 for making SRB2Riders
ZarroTsu for improving SRB2Riders, and turning it into SRB2Kart
D00D64 for his contrubutions to SRB2Kart, including Silence
brawlcustommusic.com for the music used, and Tony Thai for arranging the songs used for the tracks.
SpiritCrusher and the #SRB2Fun Ops for helping run #SRB2Fun.
Rick N. Bruns for the maps that were used as a guide for the creation of this port.
The programs Winamp and Audacity were used for editing the music into a format SRB2 works with and making it loop.

Last edited:
This really shouldn't be here. If you're going to put a download link, this belongs in submissions. I understand it's a WIP but if at least one zone is complete/fully playable that means you have no excuse not to submit it to it's proper location.

This really shouldn't be here. If you're going to put a download link, this belongs in submissions. I understand it's a WIP but if at least one zone is complete/fully playable that means you have no excuse not to submit it to it's proper location.

It's a beta, as the two tracks are not 100% completed. Plus, the reason it's here is to get feedback from others before I release it.

http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=54&a=19

For the record, beta wads are allowed for the first month the topic's up, according to this announcement topic which is still around to be seen.

As for the levels in this kart pack's beta ...they seem okay so far, although a little boring. I have no idea how much like the original F-Zero tracks they are though, having never played any F-Zero games before. =S

http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=54&a=19I have no idea how much like the original F-Zero tracks they are though, having never played any F-Zero games before. =S

I tried to make them as close as possible to the ones in the first F-Zero, by using the maps of the tracks to make them, but with Death Wind 3, I used the route Death Wind 2 uses, but included the route Death Wind 1 takes as a shortcut if you have a Whirlwind Shield. Plus, I'm hoping to add stuff and that to make them more intresting both gameplay and visual wise.

And right now, I'm working on White Land - especally in preperation for White Land III.

Personally, I don't like the idea of having a track, then the same track with some differences, then the second track with the first as a shortcut. You should stick to either having only I and II tracks or only III ones. (That is, unless you already planned to only do III tracks, which would make this post entirely useless.)

Last edited:
Personally, I don't like the idea of having a track, then the same track with some differences, then the second track with the first as a shortcut. You should stick to either having only I and II tracks or only III ones. (That is, unless you already planned to only do III tracks, which would make this post entirely useless.)

With the exceptions of White Land and Mute City, with the areas with more than one track, there will only be III tracks. Besides, if you look at the track list, the I and II tracks have a note saying that they will be made, or already have been made in the case of Death Wind, as part of the III track. White Land is an exception as the two tracks take different routes altogether, and normally don't join up. And Mute City is only having I and II as III is a rehash of I.

Ah, you mean those. Well, at this moment in time I'm not planning on adding them, but maybe later on I'll change the barriers to that.

Anyway, I'm going to be releasing Beta 2.1, which adds Fire Field to the rotation, only on #SRB2Fun, as there's still things to do before Beta 3 can come out.

I've just updated it to Beta 3.0 right now. All that's left is two of the III maps, Sand Ocean and any other F-Zero style maps you may want to submit as part of this.

I think that, for the moment, I'll stop working on this. This has given me too much trouble on #SRB2Fun, as some of you may know. If and when the other stages are completed, I may release it. However, if anyone wants to try and improve on it, they can as long as they give me credit (and also D00D for Silence) and that they don't touch Nitro Starway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back