Sandopolis (XTreme Style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluggard

Formerly "RomioTheBadass"
Made another level recently, uses a custom camera script .
Song : Sonic X-treme - Islam Prophet (No i'm not insulting anything)

Note : enabling FirstPerson mode will ruin the camera, i was unable to disallow it .

Attachments

• srb20011.jpg
    srb20011.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 2,430
  • srb20010.jpg
    srb20010.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,884
  • s_sandopolisv1.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,257
Last edited:
Aaaand welcome to Releases.

If I may say one thing though ; while your idea is nice, it suffers HEAVILY from one thing. Sonic is WAY too fast for an angled camera like this. IMO it'd be a good idea to do what 2D mode does, and nerf the players' speed/actionspeed to a reasonable level.

I Might create a custom skin to reduce his speed, and possibly remove that thok, and force the skin to change to that one as soon as the player enters the level Via MAINCFG Later .

....or just use Lua to change the stats of Sonic?
it would keep the filesize lower, and make everything much easier in general.

I really like it, it reminds me of Sonic Arcade and Little Big Planet in some way. It would be nice if Sonic has a shadow though. Still enjoyed it!

I really like it, it reminds me of Sonic Arcade and Little Big Planet in some way. It would be nice if Sonic has a shadow though. Still enjoyed it!

Shadow "on" exists :P, enter that in console and you'll get shadows .

The level's idea isn't bad; but there are still quite some problems with it.
First of all, the camera itself is meh; it's way too close to the player, meaning that I had difficulties on sideways platforming sections; Sonic himself is also too fast, as stated, for what the level is like. There are also times where the camera gets stuck in decorations. The level itself could use of some alternatives pathways, too; because right now it's pretty much a straight line.

Because the whole focus was to make it a 2D Like just like how Red Sands was shown here , that's why it feels like a straight line, as for the camera getting stuck in walls sometimes i couldn't solve this issue .

I Have also reduced Sonic's Speed for the Next version i'm currently working on .

Alt Pathway , i might do this later .

Ya, I thought about that too lol, The Camera doesn't get stuck there I think, not mentioning the speed is perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back