I can't see what I'm typing on netplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvet

Why hello there ~♥
When I go into netplay and press the 'type button' I cannot see the "Say" so I just type in gibberish half the time and the other half I manage to SOMEWHAT get normal words to come out. Last time I played it I could see it just fine.

EDIT: And I keep on stopping for no reason. I'm positive it's not a lag because when I do stop everyone continues to move.

Last edited:
When I go into netplay and press the 'type button' I cannot see the "Say" so I just type in gibberish half the time and the other half I manage to SOMEWHAT get normal words to come out.

Yesterday I saw another player with the same issue in a coop-netgame.
Isn't it possible to solve this problem by using the console "say" command instead of the talk key?

EDIT: And I keep on stopping for no reason. I'm positive it's not a lag because when I do stop everyone continues to move.

So, you stop and have to press the running key again - or is it like "lag" that only happens to yourself?

Yesterday I saw another player with the same issue in a coop-netgame.
Isn't it possible to solve this problem by using the console "say" command instead of the talk key?

Yup, that was me. This is my old nickname. I now go by "Ishtar".
I've always used to talk key and I could see it. Maybe I'll try it now.

So, you stop and have to press the running key again - or is it like "lag" that only happens to yourself?

No, I stop and even when I press the running key I can't move. Unless I press the talk key and I say "I can't move!" then I can move again. And I'm pretty sure it's not a lag, it doesn't get slow.

Yup, that was me. This is my old nickname. I now go by "Ishtar".

Oh, yes, then it was you, actually. :D
<offtopic> And I was the beginner failing at ACZ1. ARGH. </offtopic>

Unless I press the talk key and I say "I can't move!" then I can move again.
If this is no joke; so, if you can run again after saying something; maybe it is a problem with your keyboard...? :/
Sometimes one of my keys is stuck, so I have to press the key again to stop it. For example, if I press the "W" key and I switch from SRB2 to Firefox and back, I am still "pressing" W. If I press it again, it stops. Is it like that?

Last edited:
If this is no joke; so, if you can run again after saying something; maybe it is a problem with your keyboard...? :/
Sometimes one of my keys is stuck, so I have to press the key again to stop it. For example, if I press the "W" key and I switch from SRB2 to Firefox and back, I am still "pressing" W. If I press it again, it stops. Is it like that?

Nope. Not at all. My keys are far from sticky.

Well hello again velvet. Its me #Chaos*$*Aries*$*ASD#.

Ok so i don't know how to fix your problem but try doing this.

Maybe change your settings.

Lets try my settings.

WASD movement.

Q spin.

E flag toss.

Left click shooting rings.

Right Click Jump.

Roller up and down change rings.

Pushing down the roller centers aim.

Space bar shoots red rings only.

And if that setup don't work try changing your talk key on to a new key and then maybe you can move again.

And if that don't work then its your key bored.

Now not seeing the say thing is not good.

try this.

Change your res to 640X460

And maybe it will show up again.

If that don't work try editing your monitor screen using the monitor buttons and move it to the right a bit.

I hope this will help you.

Good luck.

Are you playing in windowed OpenGL mode? Sometimes part of the game window gets cut off by the window's border.

Are you playing in windowed OpenGL mode? Sometimes part of the game window gets cut off by the window's border.

Thank you Aries, I will try that.

Yes! But I've always played in OpenGL mode and I never had that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back