vBulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the Community tab in Steam and copy the number in the URL. If it's not there, go all the way back in the browser history.

It's about time we moved off of phpBB2, probably not my choice of forum software, but still pretty nice.

Thanks! This is great.

Recieving emails from administrators, and PMs are disabled by default?

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of vBulletin, but I guess I can cope.

On a note, we should really NOT use the awful default vBulletin skin. It feels so early 2000s.

Last edited:
I don't think it will be terribly difficult, although I am more used to phpBB2 than vBulletin. At least we have Ocean, so it still looks generally the same.

phpBB3 has a horrible ACP and all sorts of other issues. Apparently, with vBulletin, we will be able to integrate stuff like using one account for being able to access both the MB and the Wiki, plus other things.
That and it's seriously behind, you actually have to edit files to install modifications. I mean, what's up with that? =P

I'm sure you've heard this at least one hundred times now, but I'll say it again anyway. Thanks el mucho for putting up with this daft community and being willing to sacrifice time and money to move us onto a much better forum. Cheers!

Uhh...2 questions about this new Vbulletin stuff:

- In the old forum, there was a link called 'View your posts', where it take me to my previous posts, where i can find replies over 9000 easier! it seems to be removed, or i don't see it, i tried typing in 'egosearch' in the search box, but failed :(
- What happened to the Spoiler tag?

I guess It's nice. Kinda ugly how the posts are mashed in the topics but that's ok.
Well, the MB was ugly before, It's still ugly now =P

The thing that bugs me is that every single skin is non-neutral. IMO all of the forum skins should be eyecandy and have similar colors, so you could use color tags without any problem.
I could use an exmple, but I can't do it right now.

It looks good and works fine. ^__^

There is just one thing that is odd. It seems that the releases submissions forum points directly to "Sub-Forums : Releases."

Am I the only one that can't browse the R. S. sub board because of this? :|

Finally! PhBB was getting dumb.
EDIT: Wait...... You merged with srb2 mb?!

Last edited:
Sooooo...are we going to restore the graphics, now that we've switched forums, or will they be different like this forever?

Where's my Void? Ocean hurts my eyes.

Besides that, this so awesome. Now we don't have to deal with that **** PHBB2.

Sooooo...are we going to restore the graphics, now that we've switched forums, or will they be different like this forever?
We'll be changing the themes, but setting up these things takes time and for a while the transition will be kinda messy. For now I suggest the default vBulletin theme, as it works properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back