• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Advance 2 Sonic Character (3D and Not a recolor)Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to high critisizm from the SRB2 Forum Board, I trashed Sonic Advance 1 Character Pack. After 5 days of being angry about not being able to wad and being critisized I finally started to make a comeback. I give you Sonic Advance 2 Sonic. This one is 3D and has sounds. I used Super Mystic Sonic's supershadow sprites as place holder sprites. He doesn't have a superform yet but he might soon.

Credits:
Daniel Sydney for ripping the sprites
Me for wadding the sprites
Super Mystic Sonic for sounds and placeholder sprites

Beta 5: http://www.sendspace.com/file/sj6kik

And for those who don't download without screenies:

Looks good, I'll tell you how it is. (downloads)
EDIT: You could use the sonic advance 3 front corner walking frames.

I propose that we ban character wads that use sprites from any of the Sonic games.

Ritz said:
I propose that we ban character wads that use sprites from any of the Sonic games.

Seconded, as these ugly, disturbing wads of sprites made by Sonic Team, are really ugly and disturbing, and just don't play well.

Not what you said 5 posts ago. No one likes a turncoat, dear.

You went from 'agree' to 'kinda agree'. That doesn't really help, and, uh, that wasn't what I was talking about at all.

Ritz said:

I say we ban character wads from being made with sprites from another game that are already in the game, such as Sonic and Tails, as well as ones like Shadow and Amy that have been executed in a better manner. That way we might still see the occasional decent port of one that hasn't be done before.

Come on! cut him some slack, your acting like this a crappy recolour taken out of a ditch and slapped on the forum, at least it's not a recolour, you people have been shouting at him like it's no tomorrow, come on, leave him alone.

P.S. I havent played this wad so i don't no how good/bad it is

*gets ready to be shouted at*

Well, at least it isn't a recolor. But seriously guys stop being so harsh on everything. I know you are trying to be mature and all, but there is a difference between maturity and just plain annoyance. I would consider all this negativity under the second category.

this wad anit to bad just that you need to do custom forward walking sprites because it comes up as shadow

You guys are always looking on the downside of every wad. In a wad there is always looking upside complements in it. I mean there is nobody who is mature on the forum. Even if they are old.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying we should make something good up about this wad, and praise him about it?

We are simply "looking on the downside of every wad" because this wad is full of downsides. There's nothing good about it.

And to MetalsonicMK72, but also to anyone in general. "Not a recolour" doesn't make a character wad good. I can't stress this enough. And if you don't like the critisism that you're getting, then stop making sub-standard character wads.

Earuto said:
You guys are always looking on the downside of every wad. In a wad there is always looking upside complements in it..

Proof please. I see nothing positive here. I see more unoriginality and sprite sheet ripping. Joy. I should be in ecstasies. Just because a guy can use a basic drawing tool to rip sprites and stick them in a wad file doesn't mean that that wad is good. Just because it's a wad doesn't mean there's something positive. These kinds of wads prove this.

Earuto said:
I mean there is nobody who is mature on the forum. Even if they are old

Again, proof please. "Maturity" here is generally how one behaves overall. Criticism that another person doesn't like doesn't magically "de-maturify" someone (or whatever you want to say). Handling criticism correctly is a sign of maturity. One's overall behavior is a sign of maturity. Being popular 100% of the time with 100% of the people and giving incessant, inaccurate positive statements, is not a sign of maturity.

See, your whole post is entirely backwards. For the reasons I just stated.

Dark Warrior said:
Again, proof please. "Maturity" here is generally how one behaves overall. Criticism that another person doesn't like doesn't magically "de-maturify" someone (or whatever you want to say). Handling criticism correctly is a sign of maturity. One's overall behavior is a sign of maturity. Being popular 100% of the time with 100% of the people and giving incessant, inaccurate positive statements, is not a sign of maturity.

See, your whole post is entirely backwards. For the reasons I just stated.

Some of us don't have Maturity(in real life yeah), but on these forums I'd rather not show it, because I'm not even happy here that much, and I agree with earuto this wad has many upsides, but all you guys look at is the downsides, for example "OMG LIEK THESE SPRITES AREN'T HIS" so what alot of people use sprites that aren't theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back