Four 2.1 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because they have "afd" in the name doesn't mean they're fake. For all we know, they were named that because that's the day they were uploaded.

The names of the images on srb2.org are "http://www.srb2.org/wp-content/uploads/afdXX.png", XX being 00 to 03.

I can't believe you're all actually THAT gullible.

It's not entirely unheard of for teaser content to be released on AFD, framed as an AFD joke, and then turn out to be true. STJr isn't THAT meta, but it's not entirely impossible.

That and I'm pretty sure that I've seen the devs talk about the new record attack and the new shield designs before, so all that's more than likely to be real. The LUA scripting and the new emblem system I'm still a bit dubious of.

(LUA's still a good idea though.)

I wish this to be real, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
I even think the different color emblems would be cool.

Ugh, as someone who knows the exactly what has been suggested for AFD in the past, I have no idea whether or not this is real.

God damn you Geyer.

I just don't know what to think. So I'll just ignore this and act surprised if any of these actually are in 2.1.

The fun should be in watching everyone else, then!

I'm getting a good laugh out of it :D

33yqqeb.gif

[01:33] <Mystic> In conclusion, Jev3 is god

Disregard all you Californian people who are still on April 1st!

I am surprised to learn that the entire update is genuine. I knew that the second and third screenshot were real because they've been shown to us before. The thing with ghosts is even on the wiki. I knew that shield sprites were planned for 2.1, so it didn't come as much of a shock, but there was still the possibility that they're fake, what with Mystic's "they also just look awesome" comment. Glad to see they're aren't.

The Lua thing seemed rather unlikely but possible. I knew that JTE had been working on Lua before he was a dev, and I've heard some stray comments by a few devs that "something big" was coming. That's what it is. creator.wad appeared to be the obvious joke, because even with Lua you can't just change sector shapes. Here's the thing: You don't. The level consists of a grid of smaller sector and you can change their heights and flats. The Eggmobile player can shoot and use his dash as often as he likes, so he's really quite powerful.

The whole time I was thinking that the joke was mixing real updates with fake ones. Well played, dev team, you fooled me!

Don't worry, there's STILL plenty more kinda-big awesome stuff we haven't revealed yet. Just remember this is SRB2 2.1, it's only one teensy little step, nothing major. B)

Lua can't do EVERYTHING yet, but I'll continue to steadily add more to it as we go~ It's kind of a lot of busy work, slowly sinking Luas teeth into every inch of SRB2's code for general public use.

I didn't even consider that it was an AFD joke because we already knew about the ghosts and emblems prior, the sheilds are a much-needed but simple update, and LUA is pretty believable to me.

I'm hoping this is all real because if it is then srb2 would be worth much more than just ctf and match. I mean come on. Playing as a character in eggman's flying machine is pretty beast, let alone making your own layout for the arena. The problem is that it could very well be fake.

Uh, its April 2nd. Pretty sure the devs aren't total dicks rather than good jokers.

Last edited:
I didn't even consider that it was an AFD joke because we already knew about the ghosts and emblems prior, the sheilds are a much-needed but simple update, and LUA is pretty believable to me.
Why, same here!

To be honest though, I didn't really want to hear about new stuff for 2.1, so I could stay calm and care about other stuff until the one faithful day it'd be finally released.

I understand you needed some sort of April Fools for all those who still think everything said on the 1st April is a lie, but there were stuff that were funnier and overall better suited for such an event- but that's just my opinion and despite it being the 3rd April you shouldn't take it seriously :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back