View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018   #109
Larztard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Titanium View Post
How do you get motivation to work on a map again? I really want to work on one of my maps, Midnight Shores Zone, but every time I try to work on it, I always end up having lack of motivation. which leads up to procrastinating, which then becomes an endless loop. So how does one stop procrastinating and get motivation to do something again?
I know how you feel dude. I was just in a motivation block for the past three years. It's hard to say where the motivation came from after all these years but after just talking to a few members here bouncing ideas from one another and playing a really excellent game going by the title, Spark the Electric Jester, I just got motivated and started to work on maps and dabble in Lua reteaching myself the basics.

For tips on how to get the motivational drive back, I would just talk to a few members on the MB or on various Discord servers on a few ideas for maps and concepts as well as play a good platformer if you want motivation and ideas as well. Playing a bad platformer and being overly negative about it will really make you not want to work on your map. Over analyzing the design of each of your maps and trying to pinpoint what would be fun and what would not be fun really ruins the motivation to work on any project (trust me I learned from experience). I even found out by just going outside just taking in nature or hanging out with my friends increases my motivation on working on not just SRB2 content, but other content as well because I took a little break from it whenever I felt like I didn't have any motivation.

I hope this helps dude and good luck!