July/August 2015 Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarlet Lake Zone > Proud Sky Zone (For making me laugh so hard when I figured out what it was referencing) > FlipKnuckles Knuckles Zone with Knuckles and Knuckles > Sacred Woodland Zone > Technology Station Zone

Sacred Woodland Zone > Scarlet Lake Zone > Flipgoop Station Zone > Technology Station Zone > Proud Sky Zone

I promised I would write reviews and maybe I can actually force myself to follow through at some point.

You should, Mascara. You can give constructive criticism to the people who made the maps, so they can learn for the next time they make a map. What have you got to lose? (Other than 10-15 minutes)

When I write reviews, it takes me a bit longer than 10-15 minutes. It's more like several hours.

same

I play oldc levels mainly just to write reviews that take up the entire screen. haven't even been doing that lately because I don't have the time.

aaaa, it just occurred to me that I've missed an entire OLDC. I've recently moved house and subsequently had no internet for a few weeks now.

I've gone ahead and grabbed the entries using the WiFi at my local library and I'll try and write up some reviews to post next time I get a chance to connect to the internet. Better late than never, eh? Single player only for obvious reasons.

Well, you still have until the end of today to vote at all at least I point out. Voting deadline was moved because of a delay in starting it up, after all. =P

Last edited:
Single Player:
Flipgoop Station Demo > Scarlet Lake > Technology Station > Proud Sky > Sacred Woodland

Match:
Sunlit Wildlands > Aquatic Corridors > Final Destination

CTF:
Nameless Base > Rocky Caverns

Review (also first post)

(hi I guess, yes I'm voting as my first post)
Single player:
FLIPGOOP STATION > SCARLET LAKE > SACRED WOODLAND > TECHNOLOGY STATION > PROUD SKY
reviews coming soon
Multi player (played with Nekoishi):
Match:
FINAL DESTINATION > AQUATIC CORRIDORS > SUNLIT WILDLANDS
FINAL DESTINATION:
While not a good level, mainly due to the small space and ridiculous times from falling off the platform to death, as well as the brokenness of attraction/armageddon shields in this level, it's fun thanks to how chaotic it can get and is better than the other two entries.

AQUATIC CORRIDORS:
Level is entirely underwater. NEXT!

SUNLIT WILDLANDS:
The level is twice as big as it needs to be (you can literally have no-one in view at times with 10 people) and has SEVERE artifacts thanks to the size of the level (walls stretching up into the skybox, covering objects thousands of fracunits in front of it...)

CTF:
NAMELESS BASE > ROCKY CAVERNS

NAMELESS BASE:
Really cramped with basically no way to stop someone just thokking over and taking your flag, however as with Final Destination, the chaos of the small mapspace is half the fun.

ROCKY CAVERNS:
Again, the map is twice as big as it needs to be, the lava isn't tagged with CTF flag return sectors so if the flag drops in lava it needs to be picked up by someone with an elemental shield or left to despawn and the lighting is really wonky

Last edited:
Single Player:

Scarlet Lake - Zipper {5/5}
2nd Ultra Really Super New Nintendo 3DS XL LL II Version 2 & Knuckles Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry™ Series - "Lat'" {4/5}
Technology Station - XEFAGame {3/5}
Sacred Woodland - HAPPYFOX {2/5}
Proud Sky - Nekoishi and redacted meme {1/5}

Sacred Woodland Zone > Scarlet Lake Zone > Flipgoop Station Zone > Technology Station Zone > Proud Sky Zone

No time for specific reviews, but I'm IRC if you have any questions.

I would advise against calling people ignorant yourself, Xkower8181. If you're responding to the fact he put his level first, you should be aware that's an OLDC rule (which we in fact mentioned to him earlier in the thread).

That said:
Voting will end September 17, 2015 at 7 PM local time in the Eastern time zone of the United States

This deadline passed about 14 hours ago as far as I'm aware. That means everyone's vote posts past Katwover's won't be counted in the final tally, sorry guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back