Official Level Design Contest Voting: March/April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that... That 0 was what one of the votes were. I must have forgotten to drop lowest scores for the multiplayer. And I didn't know you're only supposed to drop one lowest score, and not drop all the others that are equal to it. PPZ wasn't the only one that I messed that point up on...

I just felt like doing that for you, since you had not done it yet. Guess I should remind myself not to make these mistakes if I ever try to work out the results for the OLDC again.

I'm actually surprised that I won the Match division with a map I made to voice a concern about 1.1.

The only reason I didn't vote on the multiplayer levels was because I could not find a game hosting the pack. Is there any way to get around a firewal without port forwarding?

Regarding remaking GG levels: Don't worry about Bridge Zone. If I do that one it would be the special stage version from my fan game.

Monster Iestyn said:
Sorry about that... That 0 was what one of the votes were. I must have forgotten to drop lowest scores for the multiplayer. And I didn't know you're only supposed to drop one lowest score, and not drop all the others that are equal to it. PPZ wasn't the only one that I messed that point up on...

I just felt like doing that for you, since you had not done it yet. Guess I should remind myself not to make these mistakes if I ever try to work out the results for the OLDC again.

There are no 0's in Mine Maze Zone's voting. I'm guessing Torgo originally did this. Well, if so, his vote is different, and it was changed just in time.

glaber said:
I'm actually surprised that I won the Match division with a map I made to voice a concern about 1.1.

Ironic, because Daimondus, a non-winning map, is listed on the leaderboard. And it SHOULD be on the leaderboard. It's an awesome map that is worthy of a 9/10 from me. I HAVE played it in a netgame; and it's enjoyable in 1v1.
---------
Well, we had a higher average this contest than we did last two contests.

Um, I don't think you are. The staff has done a good job of hosting it so far, and if anyone should be given the privilege of hosting the next contest, it should be the author who's map got the highest score.

Well, I don't know... FuriousFox maybe? Mystic? Why not PM somebody to get your answer from him/her?

Speaking of the May/June OLDC... I have absolutely no idea what I want to enter this time... I've not finished any of my levels that I tried to enter for it yet, and the level that I'm working on at the moment is my variation Green Hill Zone. There's already some people who want to get it, and entering it will make them have to wait even longer.

Maybe I'll just forget about entering maps for this contest this time...

Why do you guys keep thinking there will be no one to host the contest?

Unless otherwise posted, The OLDC will still be hosted by FuriousFox.

I wish I didn't have to be this clear but some people still don't get it. Now if you please, stop talking about this. I told you the answer too many times to list.

Uh, Sonict, no one said anything about no one hosting the contest; all that happened was Glaber asking to host it. What we did was only explain why this would not happen.

I realize that, Ash. However, the point I made still works for that. No one else will be hosting the contest unless you are asked.

The reason I ask is that a want the experience of hosting the contest at least once.
The reason I ask who to ask is because last contest my PM's to both Mystic and FF went ignored.

But, why do you feel you have the right to experience it, and not anyone else? Also, why are you so hellbent on getting this experience in the first place?

I'm certain that if the contest allowed for this sort of thing, there'd be a reason why a user would be able to gain the ability, and it would be available to everyone, not just someone who asks (IE: you have to earn it). And even so, I can think of plenty of other users that are more suited to do it (if they had to).

Well at this point I'm the only one asking and there was only one person on record to host the contest that was not an admin or mod. The person who hosted was a441 back in 2004 and 2005 (See the wiki for refference).

I also ask so that if I do make a topic it doesn't get deleated like other contest topics not made by the mods or admins.

a441 is a former moderator, and former member of the staff.

See: 1.08

And just because you're the only one asking doesn't mean you deserve it.

Well either way, the only info I had access to was on the wiki and the message board. a441's current profile lead me to believe that the December 2004 and January 2005 contests were hosted by an ordinary user.

Originally, the contests stopped because of a lack of entries (By that I mean less than 3) and I stopped doing them. About 7-8 months later, a441 created his own contest, got a ton of entries, and we started the contests up again. a441 was one of the SRB2 developers, so I see no reason why his contest couldn't have been official, so we labeled it as such.

Generally, we do not give positions of power to people who ask here. That means that if FF suddenly decides to stop hosting them, pretty much everyone is a candidate except for you.

So stop asking, you're not hosting it.

Well at least I finaly got an answer. Since I finaly know the whole story, I'd like to apoligise for bothering you with the request to host the contest. The next time I talk about the contest, it will more than likely be about an entry I'm making.
Goes to update the contest pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back