[Open Assets] kr.wad <UNDERTALE spoilers>

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
Moderator Notice:
Note: This wad and its description (and almost certainly the comments) reveal notable details from what is usually the final ending unlocked in UNDERTALE. If you don't know the significance of the filename, you haven't seen it yet.

Continue at your own discretion.

I'm a trash.

Previously titled "Karma (kr.wad)".
...Unless you think KR means Karmic Retribution, I dunno.

Basically the same HP bar than when you fight Sans in Undertale!
If you're some person that never played Undertale or just wanted to get spoiled by the line above, here is the quickest explanation I could think of reguarding how the Karma works;

You have a regular HP bar that depletes when you get hit; however, unlike the regular game where you lose a portion of your HP and get some recovery flashtime, you will instead only lose 1 HP at the cost of not having any tic of flashtime. but you won't lose your HP (the yellow part of the gauge) directly, instead, some sort of "poison effect" (the purple portion of your HP gauge) will gradually deplete the HP you lost over time until it reaches your actual HP count. The farther away the "poison effect" HP is from your actual HP count, the faster it will drain your HPs and vice versa, do note that getting hit does not directly deplete the poison effect HP, but it does drain faster as stated before if it is too far away from your actual HP count, if you do get hit with too much of a difference between the twos, it'll seem like the poison HP is getting drained by the hits too. Getting hit when you only have 1 HP and "poison effect" left will not kill you; you must be at strictly ONE HP in order to get killed. You will lose HP through any shield without losing the shield, you can use that to your advantage in zones like Red Volcano or Egg Rock. It will also reset your Rings count, Rings are irrelevant to HPs, however. The only way to regenerate HPs is to complete the level.
You can also look at the gif. :V

MediumEagerHairstreakbutterfly.gif

By the way, there is a command ( "krmaxhp" ) that allows you to choose how many HPs you want as maximum value; to increase challenge or make it a tad bit easier. The value must be between 1 and 99, default is 92. ...I wouldn't recommand abusing it, however. And do take in account that if you choose a maxhp value that is below your current HP value, they will be instantly decreased, but the reverse doesn't work!

NOTES: The karma has no effect at all in NiGHTS special stages, and, the HUD does NOT work in splitscreen (well nobody really plays a lot with it but still)

Another Note: Special thanks to Prime 2.0 and Wolfy for fixing thingies in my script and adding a spoiler splashscreen upon netgame joins! This being based off Terminal, huge thanks to all of them too!

Attachments

• kr.rar
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,678
Last edited by a moderator:
While it may have taken a bit of back and forth to get it ready, it's here and mostly (HUD screws up slightly in non-standard resolutions) bug-free for the effort.

Welcome to releases!

This is really well done, I like it!

I have found an issue, though: Any damage that can knock back super players will do the same as any other form of damage; resetting the Player's rings to zero and killing the super form.
Mystic Realm's final boss is the perfect example of what I'm trying to say.

Very good wad, I like it!
But for my opinion, This thing should be fixed
URL]

the shield is not working

Me in the OP said:
You will lose HP through any shield without losing the shield, you can use that to your advantage in zones like Red Volcano or Egg Rock

That's intentional.

Can you have it so you don't lose super form when you get hit? That's really..REALLY annoying, I'm bad at SRB2 so i use turnsuper.lua to go super, but when i get hit i immediately lose it, Can you change that?

Can you have it so you don't lose super form when you get hit? That's really..REALLY annoying, I'm bad at SRB2 so i use turnsuper.lua to go super, but when i get hit i immediately lose it, Can you change that?
Turnsuper.lua uses the match super forms, since not every character can turn super in co-op.
Because it's match super forms, getting hit kills some of your rings. And because you have Undertale HP, the rings reset when getting hit.
You'd be better off getting the emeralds normally or with normal SRB2 commands in the console if you want to use this with super forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back