• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A mod I'm working on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i'm working on my first mod ever!I Would show a pic of the char wad of Shinu the Hedgehog but i don't have the pic uploaded yet[/img]

ok i just uploaded to a websitee called photobucket

SUPAA3A7.jpg

SUPAA2A8.jpg

SUPAA1.jpg

lol yea i know this is my first mod, this will be a recolor till v2

oh and i forgot to mention,for some reason it doesn't work in Single player and only in multiplayer in the color none

I could fix that but I don't approve recolors. Add something more original to it and I'll think about it. >.>

Do you have the maincfg and s_skin set up correctly? And do you have a character select pic?

<SSBM Announcer> FAILURE!

1. This is not a mod, really. This is a character wad.
2. It's a poor recolour of Supersonic.wad that looks like an inverted Mephiles.
3. Those pinks don't look like they're in the SRB2 Pallete.
4. Most singular character wads don't belong in Editing, as they never get finished that way. Trust me, it happens about 75% of the time.
5. Shading is there, but it doesn't pass the standards for SRB2.
6. He looks nothing like your avatar.

I'll Begin said:

4. Most singular character wads don't belong in Editing, as they never get finished that way. Trust me, it happens about 75% of the time.

All of the reasons said above, and I've been waiting to use an image like this for a long time...

thiswadsucksnz4.png

(Offtopic) Well just going straight off of the bomb chart and saying that his wad sucks is honsetly in my opinion a little harsh. Granted it's a recolor, he plainly said it's his first wad. Not everyone is a god of character wads like Nitro.
Back to the topic, I would like to see this continue, I personally think that if you continue you will get better and make an impressive wad in the future.

J.T.H

Jason The Hedgehog said:
(Offtopic) Well just going straight off of the bomb chart and saying that his wad sucks is honsetly in my opinion a little harsh. Granted it's a recolor, he plainly said it's his first wad. Not everyone is a god of character wads like Nitro.
Still, it's breaking the rules, and that only applies to crappy recolours. No offence intended though.

Well Nitro's style isn't really the standard anyway. If you can shade almost like the original sprites, and make the character look nice and clean, then you have good sprites regardless of whether it's a recolour or not.

SonicTheDalek said:
I'll Begin said:

All of the reasons said above, and I've been waiting to use an image like this for a long time...

thiswadsucksnz4.png

I totally agree in every single way. This really does suck.

Jason The Hedgehog said:

That's no excuse for a recolor. It's his first wad. Big deal. It's still a recolor, and recolors still suck. If he were actually attempting something that was original and decent, maybe he'd get better reviews. But as it stands, it's a recolor, it sucks, and that's it.

Jason The Hedgehog said:
Back to the topic, I would like to see this continue, I personally think that if you continue you will get better and make an impressive wad in the future.

J.T.H

I'd like to see him drop it and make something better. A level, a character that isn't a badly done recolor, etc. Something that doesn't, by its nature, suck. He can improve without making a recolor. I don't understand how making a recolor improves on what a person can do.

My first [unreleased] wad wasn't a recolor. It was a Edited sprite rip [not 2d,very edited]

Dark Warrior said:
Jason The Hedgehog said:

That's no excuse for a recolor. It's his first wad. Big deal. It's still a recolor, and recolors still suck. If he were actually attempting something that was original and decent, maybe he'd get better reviews. But as it stands, it's a recolor, it sucks, and that's it.

Jason The Hedgehog said:

J.T.H

I'd like to see him drop it and make something better. A level, a character that isn't a badly done recolor, etc. Something that doesn't, by its nature, suck. He can improve without making a recolor. I don't understand how making a recolor improves on what a person can do.

All I was saying is if he keeps working he can probly acheive something great in the future. But for now stick with something easy, the last time I checked making a recolor was by far the easiest for a beginner at wad making to create. I would honsetly like to avoid a fight breaking lose in the forums, but it seems impossible now days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back