View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012   #37
Katmint

Only Multiplayer votes for now, I may or may not do Single Player later.

Match

Aquatic Egg Zone by akb778 - 3/10

Mostly just a series of hallways with a completely awkward theme transition. Shoot rings randomly down a narrow hallway, hit 5 people.

Maple Lake Zone by ZarroTsu - 6/10

Pretty solid map. It's nothing special or memorable, but there's not much wrong with it. It's kind of hard to navigate though, because everything looks the same.

Blissful Grove Zone by Scizor300 - 4/10

This kinda reminds me of a revamped Forest Rush Zon Zone. There seems to be just too much junk crammed into one room. Also, I'm sure you know this, but the emerald spawns have broken Z offsets.

CTF

Castle Flagman Zone by EternallyAries Red X - 2/10

This map has some potential, which is all wasted because it is a complete nightmare to navigate. Instead of running in circles forever I often found myself just giving up and camping my own base.

Spacebound Fortress Zone by ZarroTsu - 8/10

Simple, but very fun. My only complaint is that it's not immediately clear where the front door to the bases are, but it's a minor issue, especially with a back door and a rooftop door to use.

Race

Aphotic City Zone by ThunderNova - 2/10

Totally bland. A checkpoint near the start respawns you on top of a death pit, causing a mandatory game over. It also tries too hard to make Tails and Knuckles usable, making the map tedious for Sonic. Also, please don't use Each Time for teleports in multiplayer, it tends to make them not work. The first time we played this I had to run it all alone while everyone else was locked in a room.

The End of Circuit by akb778 - 1/10

Bad joke map, QED.

Unstable Icicle Zone by Zipper - 5/10

Fairly average as a map, fairly good compared to the competition. I always win as Tails here, except when the "change the terrain on the final lap" gimmick decides to work. It usually doesn't. That was a neat idea though, but something is definitely broken with it. Also, that tunnel with the yellow backwards springs in it needs to go. It seems to serve no purpose except to slow down Sonic.

Mountainside Greens Zone by Root - 1/10

Completely. Flat. And ugly. With undeafed spikeballs and rings. There's also no sense of direction. And because there is only one checkpoint, the race becomes "thok to the checkpoint, u-turn, thok to the finish line, u-turn again, repeat."

CastleLand Zone by EternallyAries Red X - 3/10

The visuals here are pretty good but it doesn't mean much because it's hard to find the way forward at first, but the biggest problem is that it is FAR too easy to miss the checkpoints, and since you can't backtrack at certain points you pretty much lose the race if you miss a checkpoint even once, which is very easy to do. Also, I'm repeating myself for the third time this contest but the map is more tedious for Sonic to point of making him an unfavorable choice.

Black Magic Workshop by Internet Explorer - 6/10

This map's presentation and ambiance are amazing and totally blew me away. The main problem here is that it doesn't feel like a race map. I want to go slow and explore a map like this, but that would be doing the opposite of the objective in Race, which is to speed through the map as fast as possible and finish first. I was also not sure what to do in the inverted cross room at first, but I eventually figured it out. I liked the hidden alternate path. But really, this has so much potential as a Single Player map. It doesn't really belong in Race.

And one more thing...

It's raining in space!

Quartz Caverns Zone by glaber - 2/10

The problem with this map is that it is completely boring. There's just not really much to do, and it drags on way too long. The Tails/Knuckles paths are also accessible by a Sonic with a whirlwind shield.

Requim for a Soul by Boinciel - 3/10

Some of this is kinda fun, but it's ruined by absurd length and total lack of direction. Although, the map more than succeeds in its purpose of forcing you to listen to it being over while making you wish it was over yourself because you cannot find the way forward.

This message brought to you by Katmint.

Conveyor Climb Zone by Shadow Hog - 2/10

This was fun for about 30 seconds. Then it got progressively more boring. It needs to be a lot shorter and have some more variety.

Hot Chocalate Manor Zone by Katmint - Lorem/Ipsum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Last edited by Katmint; 01-05-2012 at 07:50 PM.