Official Level Design Contest: November/December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Already a lot of people signing up for this contest. I guess this time around I'll be dishing out a lot more votes.

Nathan Speed said:
EDIT: Scratch that. Does 2-D count as seperate from Single-Player?
Just to let you know, I very much like the old-fashioned 2D levels. Make one that impresses me, and you got my vote for sure. You will have a hard time, though. SonicMaster knows what I like about 2D levels.

Anyway, can't wait. This contest looks like it'll be killer.

Dang, 2-D is rather hard. I'm trying to make it slow, kinda like Sandopolis, but it's hard. :P Teleports are fun to use. That's for sure.

Just take your time. Keep in mind you have What's left of November and all of December. I'd prefer to stick to character WADs, so past that I have no other words of wisdom.

My last contest NiGHTS level for quite a while will be in this one. I call it "End Year Of Nights". Apropreate isn't it?

Ah, very appropiate. Am I to assume that it will be circuit as well?

Also, I'm just suggesting, but it would be cool if this one had the Bellbridge theme.

That the level it's based on Also I can't have custom music in Circuit, remember? This level is Singel player

All RIGHT!!! Another single player NiGHTS level! I hope it's better than my own NiGHTS Single Player submission from last contest...it kinda sucked.

You, sir, have just sparked my interest. I'm still going to watch for Nathan's 2D level, though.

However, seeing as how I've haven't attempted level making, I do wonder about this point:
glaber said:
Also I can't have custom music in Circuit, remember?
I remember the r_digitalrace map had a custom music. Or does this rule apply to contest and I just didn't read the fine print?

It's only a contest rule. If you're just putting a multiplayer level in Submissions, of course you can add custom music. But it's against the rules in a contest, because every multiplayer level is bundled into a single WAD, and custom stuff makes that harder.

Im working on a single player version of hydro plant. Ask sonicmaster or ice. Its coming out well

I've just about finished my level, but I haven't sent it in yet...I want to make sure that it hasn't got any bugs or anything first.

srb20015-1.png

srb20014-2.png

This is my level. definite improvement huh?

So, say I was going to make a Match level that was a replica of a Sonic Adventure 2: Battle shooting stage. Would that be a port if I had the basic level design (without all them boxes) and kept the ring locations for the most part. Would that qualify as a port, or are you talking about SRB2 levels only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back