Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent_Snipe said:
i know but make it automatic so it will show it upon joining a server rather than typing the command.

The host types it, then all the joiners will see the message as soon as they join.

Ground The Fox said:
Hmm, how about a thing named "spintrailcolor = X" for the S_SKIN, and some characters can have different color, like Shadow's yellow spin trail, and other thing named "startcolor2 = X" to change other color while playing in netgames, example:

colortest.png

Sonic 2nd color change could be his shoes, and for Tails too, for Knuckles maybe his socks or the yellow part of the shoes.

I would seriously like to see both of these, even though currently I can't see either for multiple reasons, 1 computer = braindead sorta, and 2 SRB2 lacks em. :D

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Oh, SSN! That's right! If the custom FOF is a Mario block, then the front upper texture would be needed...

And what else....?

I'm thinking something to do with translucency...

Ground. I've actually suggested a simpler idea that does the same thing. Just allow the S_SKIN to set a specific afterimage colour if the creator wishes.

I saw I'll Begin post this in the "1.09.4 --> 1.1 character" topic.

I'll Begin said:
Super Float
  • ACTIONSPD1 is how fast your character will move while floating. Similar to walk and run speeds. If set to 0, your character won't move. If set to -1, your character will move like in 1.09.4.
  • ACTIONSPD2 is a little tricky.[list:d6683ef2ee]
  • If set to 0. Use default frames (whatever your character uses when it jumps).
  • If set to 1. Force spin frames.
  • If set to 2. Force falling frames.
  • If set to 3. Use special ability frames.
[*] Super Float should be changed so if your character stops moving, it falls.[/list:u:d6683ef2ee]

This idea, combined with OBJECTCFG SOCing not affecting other players (when SSN gives in and codes it), can lead to...

o/` Endless Posabilities! o/` *killed by Sega*

But seriously, this way, we can finally have characters float right, instead of looking at the ground scared. :/

EDIT: About the "stops moving" thing, Super Sonic already has that effect, but I find that pretty annoying. What I'd like to add to that is that when you let go of the float button, you fall and go into your falling frames (if you're on an actionspd2 of anything other than 0, I mean, as in, if you stop pressing the float button and your actionspd2 is 0, you fall normaly. Useful for characters like Mecha Sonic, who hover-spin. For characters that have special frames, they can be used, and when you stop hovering,you go into your "falling down a spring" frames).

My thoughts exactly. I'm actually working on a Motobug right now that uses sprites modified from Sonic Schoolhouse sprites.

Sonic School house? *Face shows curiosity*
Anyway, I made a motobug and buzzbomer for my GHZ. Damn simple. Also, restricting the movements like in Sonic 1 is just a matter of setting some block monster tags.

Superusuario, I really like your idea about the Special Stage Token. However, I think it should have a different sprite so as to distinguish it as soon as you see it.

Sky Ninja, Block Monsters does NOT make invisible walls for monsters. They just can't see you if the only line-of-sight goes through those linedefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back