[Open Assets] Changable Secondary Colors

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I've made a fix for this not appearing behind the shield, but unfortunately it doesn't work in OpenGL because it uses DispOffset.

Mayhaps you could add support for Tails CD? You don't have to if you don't want to; it's just that since F. Sonic has support for secondary colors, it would make sense for Tails CD to have support for it as well.

I literally just posted this on the last page.

Alright, so I figured I would post some clarification about me adding support for custom characters.
If you are the creator of a custom character wad, you can send me a PM or post here with a request for me to add support. Otherwise, I will not be adding support for any more characters.
I would like to ask for people /not/ to beg the authors of wads to post a request here, as that is incredibly rude.

I still reserve the right to turn down support for characters, but chances are, if its released on the message board, I'd add support for it anyway, but really, I'm just covering my bases so people with poorly made wads that managed to get released on the skybase or something don't get on my case for not adding support for it.

Mayhaps you could add support for Tails CD? You don't have to if you don't want to; it's just that since F. Sonic has support for secondary colors, it would make sense for Tails CD to have support for it as well.

It really doesn't make sense for TailsCD to be ported since he's just another character wad that isn't ever going to be updated again and isn't really good as FSonic. (no offense to Lat)

Oh look: A tiny, insignificant update that didn't take much time to do has been made.

It loads FSonic's secondcolor frames as sonics if playing Top Down... but you still need to load secondcolor_custom.wad.

So what version's next? 0.995? 1.0?

Also, the Lua still breaks for spectators that join the game. In fact, it happened the second I started my offline game with the wad in Match mode
C:\Users\test\SRB21XX\srb20032
:
http://imgur.com/a/sm76S
sm76S

I guess so. But still, it's annoying as it shows up in the console every time. This error may have been fixed, but the message is the last thing that should be taken care of.

This second colour thing would really be helpful if I could get it to work with my planned character (instead of having the white be the primary) and can link secondary colours to main pallet colours as like the default for each of them.

This second colour thing would really be helpful if I could get it to work with my planned character (instead of having the white be the primary) and can link secondary colours to main pallet colours as like the default for each of them.

You can still do this with your own Lua scripting. You just need to set up an overlay object for your character that uses another set of recolorable sprites (similar to the way secondcolor does it with the shoe sprites) and change the overlay's color depending on what main color the player is.

Unfortunately, I can't do anything about that. You will need to take it up with the model creators. Though, if they need permission to make models for this mod, well, hopefully this post counts.

Alright, so, a few people are still pestering me about Second Color (mainly on discord): Thus, I have a few things to say.

First off: Sure, you can use any of the code from Second Color to do your own thing. Heck, you could even work with the default graphics, though, graphics for modded characters would involve you asking the character creators about.

Second: I have compiled a list of reasons why I'm not working on second color until 2.2

1. I've been wanting to do a rewrite for a while now, since the code is not very friendly to additions
2. 2.2 is going to have a significant rewrite to the way player sprites are handled, which is incompatible with any method that would be compatible with 2.1.
3. People are starting to imbed it into their own wads, such as for Kart, so I would need to design something that plays nicely with those: so basically design an API for Second Color.
4. For all I know, an EXE mod could directly implement it, saving on the memory usage that the Lua VM uses, and as soon as that happens, I could see that popping up in other EXEs overnight.
5. It kinda feeds the cancerous side of the community. Though, this isn't really a good reason not to, since if I gave this the consideration that it deserves, I wouldn't work on it even after 2.2 releases.

So, there you have it. If you have any other questions about Second Color, that aren't about updates, or if you can use the code, since I've answered those, please ask them.

frozenLaze i liked your lua but why is my Sonikku's shoes not changing color when i put the command? and it works only for Tails and Knux?

...Huh.

Apparently, the recent update to add Top Down support (by checking the MODID) somehow got broken in an SRB2 Update.

...Now the question is, do I fix it, or just tell people to use FSonic and SecondColor_Custom.wad instead?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back