Marvel VS Capcom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
Mahvel baby, yadda yadda. It'll apparently be out in Spring of 2011. I'm not really going to try to sound excited, even though I really am. :P

Anyway. Trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUWKuVJYnIE

Discuss theories, comments, character suggestion and new news here.

Personally, I hated MvC2. I admit it. It felt like a rushed, unpolished MUGEN hack with new characters. On the other hand, I loved TvC. The more this is like TvC, the better. I want character themes back, I want endings back, and I want to be able to use more than 5 characters that have a serious chance of ever winning against anyone who's reasonably decent at the game.

Also, I want Deadpool.

guesses.png

mvc3_guesses.jpg

LET'S GO CRAZY (with theories)

Last edited:
This might be interesting, I've only played one of the Marvel vs. Capcom games and I think it might have been on an arcade machine. :(

Yes, I know he was in TvC. But if he doesn't return, I'm not interested. I like Dante, but let's face it, Joe's series is likely dead, this is probably the only way I'll get to play as him anymore. I doubt DMC will die anytime soon, plus Dante has made a few appearances outside of his own series already.

I hope for

Megaman
Roll
Nemesis
P.N.03
Okami
God Hand Guy
Cable
Venom
Gambit
Lucia
Nero
Zero
Axl
Protoman
Bass
Sigma
Duo
Dan Hibiki
Birdie
Donnovan
Hisen Ko
Felicia
Lord Raptor
Jubilee
Alot more...

But Mostly Nemesis, he would be a cool character

Issue 207 of GameInformer just landed in my mailbox with a feature on this game. Word is that they will be focusing on simplifying the controls ala Tatsunoko vs. Capcom while still keeping the old school MvC2 elements. The visuals are similar to SFIV, with heavily shaded models for the roughly 30 characters.

And yes, there will be jiggle. Morrigan in particular shows heavy Gainaxing.

EDIT: Actually, the jiggle mentioned above makes sense for 3 reasons:

1. Morrigan is a Succubus after all. It's her job to be sexy.
2. Darkstalkers pioneered gratuitous fanservice in fighting games.
3. Capcom has some serious ground to make up compared to the hot mess that is Soul Calibur 3.

Last edited:
They're doing the same thing that was done with Street Fighter? Taking away the "cartoony-ness" is such a let down.

They're doing the same thing that was done with Street Fighter? Taking away the "cartoony-ness" is such a let down.

Uh, the "cartoony-ness" is still there, it's just in a different style - the same style that worked so well in SFIV, with some additional comic-influenced flourishes(splashes of color accompanying damage, some special actually "rip" the stage).

Same :c

X-23 Vs. Tron Bonne

The related videos shows the confirmed characters and stuff.

I like about Wesker joining the game, but I wanted Jill instead ¦<... btw, I found this:

snap002o.jpg

This comes from a leaked source apparently from a tour or whatever of Capcom's Europe's offices, it was put on youtube, but got taken down very quickly. I would say this one could be fake, but whatever. This is suposedly the full roster:

For those who can't see the names, it reads:

Red Arremer
Shuma-Gorath
Howard the Duck
Frank West
She-Hulk
Mrs. Marvel
Zero
Megaman
Spider-Woman
Venom
Strider Hiryu
C.Viper
M.Bison
Storm
Thanos

So hey, there's an official list now of ALL the deconfirmed characters in this. A lot of people who've been really keeping up with the game will already know about most of these, but there's a few new nos in there. :(

eventhubs.com said:
• No additional Darkstalkers characters.
• No Monster Hunter.
• No Sengoku BASARA.
• No Breath of Fire.
• No Gill (Street Fighter), but Niitsuma likes him.
• Mega Man fans have to wait a little longer.
• Blade
• Daredevil
• Dr. Strange
• Emma Frost
• Fantastic Four
• Gambit (verified through uStream)
• Ghost Rider
• Kingpin
• Mojo
• Loki
• Punisher
• Silver Surfer (verified through uStream)
• Amingo
• Demitri
• Gene (from God Hand)
• Gill (from Street Fighter 3)
• Megaman X
• Nemesis
• Nero
• Phoenix Wright
• Ruby Heart
• Tyrant
• Vergil

On the bright side, if you go to the Japanese MvC3 site, you can get the themes for all the currently revealed characters. Or you can just go to Youtube and listen to them there, that works, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back