A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Mystic, how dare you remove Chaos?

I swear, sometimes history does repeat itself.
I honestly didn't follow the forums back in the pre-1.09 days, but was anyone actually upset about Chaos getting axed? I feel like that gametype was on life support since its inception.

Last edited:
I honestly didn't follow the forums back in the pre-1.09 days, but was anyone actually upset about Chaos getting axed? I feel like that gametype was on life support since its inception.
The bitching was so strong you'd think I shot their dog right in front of them.

This is part of the reason why I don't really worry too much about annoying people by removing things that aren't working out. No matter how bad the feature, someone is going to hate us for removing their pet feature, so it's best to just disregard them and remove it anyways for the good of the game.

Yeah Mystic, how dare you remove Chaos?

I swear, sometimes history does repeat itself.
Chaos can be excused, since a "token" thing was left in the code one could enable to re-enable the gamemode, but I'd really hate to see any more game modes be removed, even though they'd mostly be reproducable through Lua coding.

Edit: Oh, and Chaos was a gametype where lots of enemies would spawn, and... well, the player with the most points would win when the time was up, I think.

Last edited:
Spawn on a Match map and being zerged by hordes of enemies, with you trying to get better score than other players. Good enough?

Doesn't "development hell" imply we're stuck in development phase and haven't progressed to production phase yet? At least, according to Wikipedia's article that is so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

...in which case a number of Sonic fangames would probably qualify better for that term than SRB2 itself does, because we have actual content! B) Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

SRB2 doesn't technically qualify for either "development hell" or "vaporware", because progress is consistently (using a loose definition of the term) being produced and made available to the public.

With that said, any game that's been in development for 17 years with no sign of it reaching completion within the next ~5 years...screw the technical definition. It's the vapor-iest of hell-y development vaporware.

The Wiki said:
development hell is a state during which a film or other project remains in development without progressing to production.

Wow damn, that's how I am with VirtualRealm! Just can't stop making my mind on what to add and what to remove ._. Well nevermind then. I don't care how much time 2.2 takes, just please try to let us know what has been made time to time, after 2.0.6 I actually forgot about Srb2, until I found out 2.1 was going to be released.

Last edited:
You should really keep at least H&S if you decide to remove tag, because it completes our spectrum for casual-competitive versus modes.

It's not just about whether the mode is well-designed, it's what it adds to the game. Circuit being removed isn't a big deal, because we already have two modes of race that promote the same skillset plus more variety. H&S is a neat game mode because it tests the players' knowledge of the maps and it's the most laidback game mode we have.

Tag is... I dunno, it's death match against unarmed civilians. Do what Red said and turn it into Supervirus or something.

My vote is re-manufacturing Chaos Mode into a similar state as MvM on TF2. Something to balance player weapons and player characters around, with a side-benefit of these balances having a positive(???) effect on Match and CTF modes...

...Oh right, Supervirus was the hardcore version of tag, wasn't it? Nevermind, carry on.

Personally, the Emeralds break most matches. Sometimes, players completely ignore the fight and search for the Emeralds, becoming easy targets. And if someone gets 6 emeralds, other players can just take the last one and hide, effectively trolling the player with the other 6. But, it's a somewhat balanced mechanic, and just needs a bit of work. However, the item that's truly is broken is the Rail Ring. Give this to anyone with decent aim, that player quickly becomes the winning player. Just like the Blue Shell in Mario Kart 8, the Rail Ring needs a hard counter, and quite a bit of tweaking. Anyways, 2.2 look great- I can't wait.

And about a MVM style mode, that would be a blast. [Pun Intended. Call the mode Robo Blast.]

Last edited:
I want australium rail and golden whateveristhis NOW!More seriously, it's not a bad idea but we'll probably need maps and other stuff, at least if it's supposed to be somewhat close to TF2's Co-op mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back