Jeck Jims' Highpoly MD2s

YAY! Models everwhere! :D

I love these models. They look so beautiful and awesome. I'm glad to see that there's a barrage of MD2s for 2.1 now, though I wonder what's up with this craze? Whatever, if it nets us a whole crapton of models, than that's fine with me!

There is a texture for the Score Monitors you can find while playing the stages in Record Attack, right? I was playing Spring Hill in a multiplayer server and it seemed like there wasn't a texture.

There is just 1 thing that i found strange, when you become super on normal stages, sonic animation goes super-normal-idle-walking and then goes super, when i jump or hang into something, it goes normal

Sadly, i can't do the GIF record because my game wont let me do it even if is on GIF, it always does aPNG

There is just 1 thing that i found strange, when you become super on normal stages, sonic animation goes super-normal-idle-walking and then goes super, when i jump or hang into something, it goes normal

Sadly, i can't do the GIF record because my game wont let me do it even if is on GIF, it always does aPNG

Only Software mode can do gifs.

Oh god, Open GL wont work AT ALL for me.
Does anyone know why?
Is it because openGL is experimental or does it have something to do with my computer?

Oh god, Open GL wont work AT ALL for me.
Does anyone know why?
Is it because openGL is experimental or does it have something to do with my computer?
Most likely, your computer graphics card is not able to handle OpenGL. Many SRB2 players may be using stronger operating systems with better cards. Although, It CAN run a little bit better in windowed mode. So If you are playing in OpenGL, play it in windowed mode if your computer's graphics card cannot handle OpenGL in fullscreen.

Most likely, your computer graphics card is not able to handle OpenGL. Many SRB2 players may be using stronger operating systems with better cards. Although, It CAN run a little bit better in windowed mode. So If you are playing in OpenGL, play it in windowed mode if your computer's graphics card cannot handle OpenGL in fullscreen.

Oh yeah, do you think it might be windows 8?

This isnt the OGL support thread, but regardless, run in compatibility mode with windows 7 or below.

I like those :D...
Sadly , theres no bones ....
Rattle-me-bones-1-.gif

I honestly perfer the low poly look for most of these models; fits the style better.

Though if the models were to be smoothed out and a pseudo cartoon line effect were put on each model, THAT would be pretty cool.

lol ...
I mean , animation bones - they make you animate 3d stuff easier...
I honestly perfer the low poly look for most of these models; fits the style better.

Though if the models were to be smoothed out and a pseudo cartoon line effect were put on each model, THAT would be pretty cool.
Low poly models ...
I have a set of low poly models , but they're not rigged .
Gonna rig and animate them :3

You mean like Jeck Jims' old Dreamcast models? I don't know, it would feel cool.

I just want to pop in to say something encouraging.

Jeck, you've poured a LOT of time into your md2s, and have been doing it ever since I joined the MB, if I remember correctly. It probably flies right over most of our heads because we're not modelers and "it's just sonic models", but you've really perfected the art when it comes to these things. That Tails is just so damn cute! You've got modeling skills I'm admittedly a little envious of. Heck, you've got modeling skills that will probably look great on a portfolio.

I just want to pop in to say something encouraging.

Jeck, you've poured a LOT of time into your md2s, and have been doing it ever since I joined the MB, if I remember correctly. It probably flies right over most of our heads because we're not modelers and "it's just sonic models", but you've really perfected the art when it comes to these things. That Tails is just so damn cute! You've got modeling skills I'm admittedly a little envious of. Heck, you've got modeling skills that will probably look great on a portfolio.
You aren't the only one. I'm just a bit to proud to admit it. Oh wait XD.

Yeah, for all the work that actually goes into these, I wish they had more attention given to them. They're the only models that try to perfect the vanilla proportions, shapes, and animations to a tee; all with their own unified solid style. Not to mention the quality is just really up there in terms of what we usually get, and it's all actual scratch work rather than cheap model rips and rigs.

If MD2s were actually supported in some sort of official way, they probably never will, this would be the welcome package.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back