Slopes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pick FOFs over Slopes every time.

So wait, how IS it that SRB2 pulls off FOFs then? Those people seem convinced it would only function in OpenGL mode.

If I'm not mistaken, SRB2 renders FOFs in software mode by rerendering the sector with different heights, flats and such.

Draykon said:
So wait, how IS it that SRB2 pulls off FOFs then? Those people seem convinced it would only function in OpenGL mode.

Dunno what they're talking about. Sounds like they're as clueless about FOFs as people here are clueless about slopes.

For FOFs, you 'simply' just draw another plane, sorting the objects in the sector with it so the draw order doesn't get messed up. I almost had this working for polyobject tops and bottoms, but I couldn't manage to clip both the front and back ends of the plane (since they aren't sector-aligned).

Isn't it great that the people who made Slopes don't know about FOFs and the people who made FOFs don't know about slopes? xD

I agree, it's hilarious, SSN.

Monster Iestyn said:
Maybe they should meet each other, so that they can learn what they didn't know before from each other!
Or they'll finish up making an engine that has neither FOFs nor slopes >_>

Many of the people in this topic have failed. SSN can put slopes in SRB2 if he wants to; it's been done in EXE Mods. But he doesn't want to, because the OpenGL only, and OpenGL is unsupported kthxbai.

Kaysakado just jogged my memory. I can think of a reason why they wouldn't want to put in slopes other than the fact it's OpenGL only... imagine how many people would be using them... I think it would be a lot of people!

I prefer FOFs over slopes myself. Slopes are namely for decoration to make a level look nicer, when the same thing could be done with regular floors. A FOF actually has some use.

Draykon said:

I think the reason why they are convinced that FOFs only function in OpenGL mode is due to the fact that out of the ZDoom varieties, only GZDoom actually has them.

Seriously, someone from our MB has to tell them about FOFs. But if they show them a pic of a FOF in SRB2, they might find out about the game.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back