View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012   #80
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'll Begin View Post
1. what do the stats mean
To be honest, aside from the self-exlanitory Speed, I couldn't tell you. Handling and Recovery have quite a few odd extra effects not marked anywhere else. If the discarded Help screen would instead say what they do instead of some ugly clown picture, they're would be an easy way to convey this in-game.

Quote:
3. Similarly, due to Software Mode's terrible depth perception, it'd be nice if mega mushrooms made you noticably bigger instead of just 2x
The problem with this is that Mega characters would also be faster and have bigger step-up, which may cause problems...

Quote:
4. Lyrical Sonic R > karaoke versions
I was forced to do that. I wouldn't have been allowed to use the track otherwise.

...Tune 719, right? Try 718 instead.

Quote:
2. Wouldn't it be better to either make Amy and Cream's fur change colour or make an entire character change colour (using the old starcolour endcolour code) when they have a star? That way it'd be easier to tell when other players are invincible.
5. Do you think it's possible to make star and mega mushroom music not interrupt and restart the track music?
6. And finally, it'd be nice if there was an option to override the sped-up final lap song and substitute it for a completely different one.
THESE PLEASE.

For 5, you can easily reduce track volume and just place star and megashroom SFX. make it so other players can hear it if they're close, too.

Last edited by D00D64; 01-29-2012 at 10:11 PM.