• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Chemical Base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chemical Base is a Match map I am working on, it's a typical Poison/Factory level, with one cliche broken.

Slime does not harm you.

It's the purple water in Sonic 2, it's just funz looking.

Now for screens.

srb20022lp2.png

See? You CAN go in slime.

srb20021sh2.png

The center of the map, also the place where you will be most often.

So far it's just the basic layout, nothing special. A few graphical glitches, but nothing much. It dosen't look as good in OpenGL at some parts, but in a few parts it looks better in OpenGl, so...

Downloads:

SRB2FFH Mirror

Sendspace Mirror

Hope you like this.

I dunno what else to say.

*jumps out a window*

It looks good. But looks pretty bland, in terms of gameplay this might be boring.

Wind said:
It looks good. But looks pretty bland, in terms of gameplay this might be boring.

Well, it relies on a few converyor belts, but that was what I was going for. This isn't a shiny place. It's boring, kinda dull, and very grey. It's not flashy, pretty, or very amusing to look at. What I AM going to do tough is put pipes that suck you in and pop you out in another location for the lulz. So you may see a person flying through a pipe beind you suddently. XD

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I believe it can be done: continuously falling stacked 3D areas, each triggering a different teleport. Think of it as a never-ending roulette wheel.

:|

Um... Coulden't I just tag multiple sectors?

This level is good- for an alpha.

First, you have to stop putting spaces in the wad's file name. If you put spaces in it makes it unloadable. I had to change it to ChemicalBase.wad. You should also use the file naming convention, and add mt (If it does support tag)

The center stage is good, but you could use some more scenery. I know factory's aren't exciting, but you can use slime waterfalls, pipes, etc. to decorate it.

The conveyor belts are waaay to strong. You should slow them down- I could not get on it without Sonic without thokking- which is fine, but Tails and Knuckles will have a hard time getting through the belts. Also, the small rooms with the slime fountain thing... you should put something different in each room, and give the player incentive to go to each one. (Like put a monitor, weapon ring)

Other then that, this level is turning out fine.

Jellybones69 said:
This level is good- for an alpha.

First, you have to stop putting spaces in the wad's file name. If you put spaces in it makes it unloadable. I had to change it to ChemicalBase.wad. You should also use the file naming convention, and add mt (If it does support tag)

The center stage is good, but you could use some more scenery. I know factory's aren't exciting, but you can use slime waterfalls, pipes, etc. to decorate it.

The conveyor belts are waaay to strong. You should slow them down- I could not get on it without Sonic without thokking- which is fine, but Tails and Knuckles will have a hard time getting through the belts. Also, the small rooms with the slime fountain thing... you should put something different in each room, and give the player incentive to go to each one. (Like put a monitor, weapon ring)

Other then that, this level is turning out fine.

I forgot to change the name. XD Darn it.

Anyways, your not supposed to take the conveyor belts back to teh center. Your supposed to spin under the lazer at the end of it. It's quicker. I can't do much with pipes because i'm not the best at working on FOFs manunaly, it takes me a waaaaayyyy long time. What I AM going to do is use the pipes I have so far. I'll make some new ones, yeah, but you gelt sucked into one, flow down, go into one of the large pipes, go up slowly so people can see you (XD) and eventualy end up ABOVE the base, outside. The field will be MUCH smaller, but it'll be cooler looking.

But yeah, this is a VERY early stage. Not much done yet.

I actually like the idea of the "slime" being similar to the stuff in Sonic 2's Chemical Plant. Makes the stage easier to play without requiring the Water Shield. I haven't played the map myself because I'm on my Wii, but I'll test it out tomorrow. I'll give you my feedback then.

Acctualy, how would I get it so you would teleport in a certain area? I was thinking tagging the teleport to a FOF in midair, but would that work?

To do a teleport on an Invisible, Intangible FOF, give the FOF's control sector Sector Type 974. Choose Trigger Repeatedly for the Linedef Executor Trigger.

Linedef Type 88 won't work for making a vertical roulette, but I faked it out with Linedef Type 6 =D:

http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/664Sample-fakecontinuousfallingsectors.wad

This uses solid, visible FOFs to demonstrate the effect you can use to make a random teleporter, but of course, you'll want to use Linedef Type 58 for each FOF. Making the return-to-top speed faster managed to cause glitches (I have NO idea why), but yeah.

Okay, I added a new download. You can now travel to another part of the base outside, where they are creating and sending the slime to the factory. It'll be more detailed soon, right now it's VERY basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back