2014, the Year of 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, it's glad to hear that 2.1 will be released in 2014...
But maybe the developers can post a little video instead of screenshot.
A video can be way more detailed than a single boring screenshot showing Tails flying in the new ACZ area with the new shield.

Yeah, a video would be way better than screenshots.

Anyway, i really like the new character selection screen. I hope to see 2.1 released at least in march.

I agree. At least the very basic things, nor needs to show the reformed levels, it is enough at least to show the shields and some changes, who knows " creator.wad ". And other, it can be that we will have to 2.1, of January to December still of this year. But it is very probable that will be released March even.

Last edited:
Guys, keep in mind "2014" can also refer to the end of 2014.

By the way, what's still incomplete for 2.1? (Or, if this is an easier question to answer: what parts of 2.1 have been completed?)

Chalk another one up for STJr being alive for yet another year.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go back to TF2.

See you Next Year/at 2.1's Release!

Guys, keep in mind "2014" can also refer to the end of 2014.

By the way, what's still incomplete for 2.1? (Or, if this is an easier question to answer: what parts of 2.1 have been completed?)
I think someone already mentioned that most of SRB2 2.1 has already been completed. Only a few more things to go.

I think someone already mentioned that most of SRB2 2.1 has already been completed. Only a few more things to go.

So, if there are only few things to do, why is the 2.1 taking so long?
Why did they say that they will try to release it this year?
I don't except for a download this, or for the next month, but it shouldn't be very long so.

EDIT: Funfact: Did you even know that 2.1 is in developemet since 2012? X)

Last edited:
Why would you want to switch from PNG to GIF? Don't it have a lower image quality?

The drawback to GIF is that it's limited to a 256 color palette. SRB2's palette is already limited to 256 colors, so this issue is irrelevant.

GIF has other disadvantages as well, such as larger file size (relative to PNG, GIF's the same as BMP, though) or the fact you have to use a separate converter with MS paint.

This isn't GIF versus PNG. This is Animated GIF versus APNGs, which is a much more lopsided battlefield in favor of Animated GIFs.

Animated GIFs are a widely supported extension to the GIF format that every single internet browser that exists currently handles without any issues.

APNGs are not widely supported, and never will be due to conflicts with MNG. Both of them have hideous browser support - and likely always will due to said conflicts - and constant issues with playback. They're also a pain in the ass to edit because so few image editing suites support them.

Additionally, GIFs use LZW compression, so they are most definitely not "the same as BMP". SRB2's Animated GIF writer also optimizes the output GIF as best as it can to make the filesize much lower.

EDIT: Funfact: Did you even know that 2.1 is in developemet since 2012? X)
(Actual) Fun Fact: Did you know this game's been in development for more years than TF2?

When you think about it, it is a wonder how there are oldbies still working on a 10+ years project.
Heck, the development team has grown in the couple of years, with some oldbies quitting and "new" boys taking their place.

This game's like a legacy on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back