Official Level Design Contest Voting: September/October 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Updated scores, and wiped Jazz off the leaderboard. If only Kitsune didn't vote a 2. If only...

It's all good. If a person voted my map down because he found a linear map to be confusing, I'm the one who wins in the end. Either he'll get better at the game, or he won't. Not my problem.

In the meantime, looking forward to the next contest.

It's really too bad I never got to putting my scores in. Here they are just for reference ( I know they won't count toward the contest scores):
All of these scores are just based on what people have written before me, mostly the good and the bad.

Freezing Flare = 4
Skyline paradise = 5
Electric dungeon = 6
Red desert = 7
Dimension Special Stage = 3
Frost Mountain = 7
Water Ruins = 3
Snowpoint Land = 2
Geothermal Volcano = 1

A little side note on red desert- The level would have been an 8/10, but I think it just tended to repeat itself alot at times.

Aw man! You might have boosted my level a little bit. But it wouldn't have won anyway...it wasn't that good.

glaber said:
fawfulfan, can I get a few comments about your Night's level for the Year of NiGHTS page?

Certainly. I'll put it here.
The level was meant to combine two rare level elements: NiGHTS and DCZ Textures. There is a pretty long walking stretch before the Mare, and a custom sky texture (which is actually an image of the skyline of Sydney, Australia). Certain stretches of the mare, however, were cramped, and some others were bland. The general consensus of the SRB2 Community was that, while certain elements of the level were cool, the design was too poor to really have fun. It was also a tad too easy to get points. Additionally, there was an End Level Sign--highly unusual for a NiGHTS course.

Thank YOU, Glaber.

You know what would be cool? If the Year of NiGHTS page had downloads for all those levels!

Aw, man! I forgot all about this! I've been moving to my new house, and I'm still waiting for us to get a new computer since the one we have is outdated and doesn't even have what is necessary to work! Oh well, I'll just keep waiting until that new computer comes. That's all I can do. Sorry for the lack of my comments on your levels this time around, folks! I might still be around long enough to do NovDec08, but we'll see.

My judge:

Electric Dungeon: 7/10

A nice SA style level, but it's a little hard. Also have a bug in first checkpoint. When you jump to the other side of the falling platform, and when you die and not get the next checkpoint, if you are Sonic, you have to restart the game because you can not reach the other side of the platforms.

Red Desert: 10/10

Yay, a classic STH3 level. Nothing more to say. Not very difficult, very detailed = Awesome!

Snowpoint Land: 6/10

Not very detailed, it's very simple, but it's very playable. A little unbalanced the amount of Crawlas.

Dimension Special Stage: 8/10

Yeah, it's a very very good model for a special stage. And accompanied with that music... yeah... But you take off two points because:

1. The stage is very simple. Only one texture? And no decoration.
2. A super stage to get a: Green Emerald?! WTF? Make a Soc to get the Master Emerald, etc...

Frost Mountain: 10/10

Epic music, guy. The epic music for: "I'm climbing the mountain, yeah I'm climbing..." Yeah... and awesome level.

Skyline Paradise: 7/10

Guys what is the problem with this level? A devastated city by Perfect Chaos... and Super Sonic flying into it... epic awesome... The two points I taked off:

1. Very labyrintical. Where is the exit to pass this skyscraper? And the stage should not end at the base of eggman. Try to make a... Chaos figure in the center of stage? Or something like that.
2. 500 seconds to pass the stage?! It isn't so long! And: DON'T-PUT-"Welcome to Skyline Paradise"-AT-THE-BEGINNING-OF-THE-STAGE, seems that SEGA put that thing to present the stage. And in a devastated city? NO!

Freezing Flare: 8/10

Super Mario Galaxy! YEAH! Freaking awesome, but the volcanic part it's a little short. And decorate more, please.

Water Ruins: 5/10

Sorry. Very simple. There are too many checkpoints. And very short. The 2D stages have to be more work for remaining as well as those of 3D.

Geothermal Volcano: 2/10

segment_violation. Sorry. But the stage had a good pint.

All the reviews were made by Luisete, and sorry for the bad english.

A little late, but thanks for the feedback anyway. Oh and my stage is not a Super Special stage, just a regular one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back