Westopolis Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViluVector

Vector the Crocodile lover
This is my first map for 2.0 version, and Its a 2D map.
Its Westopolis from Shadow The Hedgehog.
Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6swMEz5K7zs

Here a few images:

srb20000.png

srb20002.png

Download here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5sqy3r

Alright now that we got this wad to where it works, I will comment about some things that you should do.

First, I forgot to tell you to use the naming conventions for maps (see http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=68&a=3). In the next release you should fix that.

Second thing is that the enemies don't have a tall enough hitbox. Instead of replacing a goomba, you should make your own custom enemy so that it will do what you want it to do. There is an enemy creation guide on the wiki, but it is outdated at the time of writing this post. I can see if I can update that when I have the time.

Third thing is that some of the flames come out of nowhere and don't leave the player enough time to react. I think you should reduce the use of these flames.

The forth thing is that the platforming isn't all that fun. You should try to use Floor over floors to your advantage and maybe try making separate paths.

Last edited:
Ok, Torgo. Ill try to fix this things. Specially the flames thing!
And yes... I put a lot of them.

I agree with Torgo that those things need to be fixed, but otherwise I'm highly impressed by this level, ViluVector. I had no idea that you had this in you!

What the heck?!?!
It says that I have to unlock this level first! What's with that?

Other that that, it looks awesome. If you don't mind I'll rename it to MAP01 or something.

EDIT: Wait, it already is MAP01. ??? And why is O_MAP01M a sprite? It crashes SLumpEd.

Last edited:
This really bad level, for these reasons:

• The level design is very cluttered. There's Torch Fires everywhere, and it's sometimes hard to tell which one is on the plane you're moving along or not.
  • The texture rips look pretty ugly. So do the skies.
  • There's not much room to run. You're either interrupted by boxes, flames, or death pits.
  • There's way too many Flame Jets.
  • This uses the 2D engine. Control is sloppy, and you can't see what's ahead of you.
  • There's no reason to replay this. It's annoying to play in the first place, and there's no bonuses or alternate paths.

2/10

I'm speechless, but this level is absolutely horrid.
- Ugly texture rips
- Ugly sky
- Overuse of fire
- Bad-quality enemies
- Cheap level design
- Rings aren't deafed

And it's in 2D...

Basically, what Kyasarin said

I'm sorry, but you really need to consider releasing your maps before you actually carry out the release.

3/10

Last edited:
...Where'd my post go? It was a review of this level that I posted a week ago. Oh well...

2/10

The level is ugly, there's an overuse of flames, the 2D plane occasionally messes up, and the level design is unfair and sometimes plain. Worse of them all, it's in 2D mode.

This review isn't what I previously posed, but I don't feel like reposting the whole thing off of the top of my head.

I really want to play, but the game says that i need to unlock the level.
How can i play this without finishing the game?

Where can I find the SRB1 levels?!

"Did you get all those Chaos Emeralds?"

Do that and beat the game. Then it's all yours. You can do it as any character by the way, so feel free to do it as Tails/Knux if SS7 with Sonic is driving you insane :P

AAAAAAGH! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?! I CAN'T BEAT EGG ROCK ZONE 3! LET ALONE ANY PART OF THE DEEP SEA ONE! BLAAAAAAAARGH!!! ...Sorry. I got a little angry thar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back