Stop sopa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and SRB2 could be shut down with a click of someone's fingers.

Yup that right there is ACTA controlling little bitches that can and will shut down the stuff that are unneeded or pirated or anything they find useless.

So yeah ACTA needs to be shutdown because of all of that. And the only reason why its not doing anything to you in Canada is because Canada has really nothing illegal there. Unless someone here can prove me wrong. Canada is far less illeagle then it is in America.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything wrong with SRB2.org really, I mean, it:

• Is a fan game, not an official game, neither does it pose to be
  • Credits Sonic Team and SEGA for the work and characters where necessary, and
  • States that STJr is in no way affiliated with Sonic Team
  • Doesn't make any money from it's game at all
  • Has already been up and alive for over 10 years.
  • Seen in SAGE multiple times, which grabs attention from SEGA as well as representatives of it, like reviews as well as voice actors, so they apparently seemingly support it.
I haven't seen anything wrong with that, neither does SEGA really seem to mind it. Last time I checked, they seemed pretty glorified about the fan base. They encourage people to draw their characters too! I obviously think its SEGA who has control over this, since it's their work. The only time SEGA steps in is when someone claims something to be completely SEGA's, or completely claim it's their own work. That's when SEGA steps in. Even the SFGHQ Forums states this in their rules, because they don't support fake info or stealing in any form whatsoever, just like SRB2.org. SEGA has left hundreds and hundreds of fangames slide. Why? Because the Sonic fanbase thrives off of them as well (This also gives SEGA a virtually unlimited number of future employees, hint hint! Wink wink!) As far as I've seen it, SEGA will only cripple themselves if they start shutting down their own fanbases. I actually have no intent that SEGA will do anything to their fanbase or limit it in any way.

Guys, SRB2 is already a trademark violation. SEGA could shut us down if they wanted to and they always have been able to do so. They don't need SOPA or ACTA to do so.

What Cue is saying is that ANY web site with user-generated content, such as our forums, would under these laws be easily removed from the internet without due process of law. Hence, if the MPAA simply didn't like us, we could be taken down from the internet regardless of trademark or copyright just by pretending we're violating copyright. Nobody is actually checking under SOPA and ACTA if they're actually taking down copyright violations, so they can just say "I don't like you, so I'll say you're violating my copyright" and take us down.

THIS is why these laws are bad. It has nothing to do with just SRB2. It has to do with the censorship of the internet's free speech.

Guys, SRB2 is already a trademark violation. SEGA could shut us down if they wanted to and they always have been able to do so. They don't need SOPA or ACTA to do so.

What Cue is saying is that ANY web site with user-generated content, such as our forums, would under these laws be easily removed from the internet without due process of law. Hence, if the MPAA simply didn't like us, we could be taken down from the internet regardless of trademark or copyright just by pretending we're violating copyright. Nobody is actually checking under SOPA and ACTA if they're actually taking down copyright violations, so they can just say "I don't like you, so I'll say you're violating my copyright" and take us down.

THIS is why these laws are bad. It has nothing to do with just SRB2. It has to do with the censorship of the internet's free speech.

Yeah what he said is completely true. If this at all passes everything THEY dislike will be shutdown at anytime. Plus not only the fan game sites will go down. The useless sites will go down as well. Like SM64.org will be shut down instantly over being useless and only giving tiny info about a game. If ACTA dislikes it then they can just shut it down. And Youtube the world wide video record site will also be shut down as well. Want to know why? Because it has very little pirated stuff added to it that they can easily wipe it out clean.

So my point is this whole ACTA thing is not harmless at all. Its kinda the death of the internet and freedom of the internet free speech.

And Sega can easily shut down SRB2 and all its other Sonic fan games if they don't want it. Like here a good point. Some developer finds out about some sonic game that is on the internet. And if the developer hates it he can tell others who work in Sega and they can just easily shut it down right then and there. ACTA and SOPA has nothing to do with shutting everything down. And if Sega wanted to they could of shut down SRB2 and all that years ago.

Nintendo can also do the same and other company's as well.

And of course, because the government didn't get what they want, they are gonna be whiny people and create a much more dangerous version of SOPA. It appears that Obama's administration is still supporting SOPA, therefore, I went to go check my Email, I found that SOPA 2.0 is now trying to be passed, and from my knowledge of the attempted (but failed) signing of SOPA, I can only assume that 2.0 should be MUCH worse.

Geez, what's wrong with the economy and government these days?

It's like they really must not care about other people's demands.

I found this info here: http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ous-private-ability-to-kill-any-website.shtml

I honestly do not know if it's true, but it looks to me like it IS.

But of course, if this is actually ACTA, it should match previous descriptions of it (even though I basically haven't read the entire thread).

And of course, because the government didn't get what they want, they are gonna be whiny people and create a much more dangerous version of SOPA. It appears that Obama's administration is still supporting SOPA, therefore, I went to go check my Email, I found that SOPA 2.0 is now trying to be passed, and from my knowledge of the attempted (but failed) signing of SOPA, I can only assume that 2.0 should be MUCH worse.

Geez, what's wrong with the economy and government these days?

It's like they really must not care about other people's demands.

I found this info here: http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ous-private-ability-to-kill-any-website.shtml

I honestly do not know if it's true, but it looks to me like it IS.

But of course, if this is actually ACTA, it should match previous descriptions of it (even though I basically haven't read the entire thread).
They don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back