SRB2 Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd more so call it just being an ass, personally. Saying those kinds of things kind of implies "You're an idiot" more than "Don't do that", though I can see how those two tie in a sentence.

But yeah, in any case... Ice seemed to have posted in the right thread to me, so I don't know what's going on.

Blue Warrior said:
I'd more so call it just being an ass, personally. Saying those kinds of things kind of implies "You're an idiot" more than "Don't do that", though I can see how those two tie in a sentence.

But yeah, in any case... Ice seemed to have posted in the right thread to me, so I don't know what's going on.

Some guy introduced himself in this thread, the post's gone now though...

The post was quoted...

Hi Cue.
You said:
The post is gone, but I can't say it officially is. JRose quoted the full post (excluding the author's signature) in his post.

Deleted Post: Inferner the Echidna said:
Hi everyone. I am Inferner the Echidna. I'm from Spain. I love SRB2, but my PC is Mac. Find wads for Mac is very hard, and I can't make characters, because I havent got Windows. If some user knows a version of Doom Builder for Mac, please, send me. Thanks!
If and only if this quote is deleted, I can then say the post is officially gone.

Re: The post was quoted...

123 Runite said:
Hi Cue.
You said:
The post is gone, but I can't say it officially is. JRose quoted the full post (excluding the author's signature) in his post.

Deleted Post: Inferner the Echidna said:
Hi everyone. I am Inferner the Echidna. I'm from Spain. I love SRB2, but my PC is Mac. Find wads for Mac is very hard, and I can't make characters, because I havent got Windows. If some user knows a version of Doom Builder for Mac, please, send me. Thanks!
If and only if this quote is deleted, I can then say the post is officially gone.

That's only one field of the record from phpbb_posts_texts, it's just text, it's not a post. For it to be a post, it would have to be a separate MySQL result, which would require a record in phpbb_posts and a record in phpbb_posts_text that links to the former.

Good day to you sir, stop trying to 'correct' me, because chances are, you'll just get me correcting you and making you look like an idiot. ^_~

light dasher said:
Cue, you make everyone look like an idiot =/

I really should post my job description up sometime, I'm sure you'd love to see it. :)

uh... What made you go with this...

Hi Cue. (Please note this is how I greet anyone on the MB, if I'm specifically directing my attention towards them; if not, said greeting wouldn't appear here. This isn't supposed to make me sound like I'm fixing anything; my message is just focused on the addressee, but b/c this is a forum, anyone can respond to it.)

You said:
That's only one field of the record from phpbb_posts_texts, it's just text, it's not a post. For it to be a post, it would have to be a separate MySQL result, which would require a record in phpbb_posts and a record in phpbb_posts_text that links to the former.

Good day to you sir, stop trying to 'correct' me, because chances are, you'll just get me correcting you and making you look like an idiot. ^_~
I wonder where that last line came from; I wasn't even thinking of correcting you in any way. I've said in my post, that's my opinion. This is the way I think of it, and I wasn't even thinking about going that deep by talking about how phpBB does it. Basically, that last line, and perhaps some of your other posts, just sounded [sounds] a bit arrogant, just to say, but thanks for the final greeting.

Overall in my previous post, I've just spoken about the message of the post, or the contents of the post, not the kind of post you're thinking of e.g. this post, with the subject and date posted, signatures if applied, avatar, etc. I think of 'post' as what someone said, or the message/statement, not something like how you put it.

-~-
Can we continue talking about the SRB2 blogs? In my opinion, the Development Blog is an excellent way to release the news that are going on in the development of SRB2. The video is a great idea, but the quality of the video distracted me. The cartoon shot of Arid Canyon is great, and I'm now having an idea of how the zone is going to look like. There really is nothing bad I can say about it. The isometric sketches, however, I treat as any sort of concept art (and it is), and I don't really have that much interest in that.

I'm not really fond of the mood/tone of Zero Effort; it seems to deliberately put down the creators of WADS or MODS if they have put a lot of effort. It does sound funny, but symbolically it's really not. I know Sonic Rush Adventure 2 isn't much of a good MOD, but the way the game was presented in the blog was too severe in sharing the thoughts of the MOD, basically being really negative, perhaps even beyond constructive criticism and just it making fun of the WADS or MODS. I know the purpose of the blog is for "Tearing apart SRB2 addons for your enjoyment," but I think overall it's just too harsh, even if it's funny for the creator of the presented WAD or MOD.

Finally, I don't have much to say about High Jinks...

...damnit, I thought I deleted the reply to the "hi I'm new" post when I deleted the "hi I'm new" post. Now I've got an even bigger mess on my hands. Baaaaaaaah.

Cue, never. EVER. Try to "correct", or otherwise try to make 123Runite look like an idiot. Believe me when I say that he always knows whatever the hell he's talking about. Though he didn't put it extremely clear that it was his opinion, even I picked that up somewhere along the time I was reading the post. Now, you could pick apart this post, or his, even further but I say he just officially pwnt you. Good day to you sir.

On the topic on blogs, I really haven't seen much progress lately. I'm not really complaining though, considering that you guys are probably busy 99.9 percent of the time. Where's those neat ideas for Zero Effort you promised us? While I don't really like this first video, I still would like to see some more wads reviewed. Eh, I guess patience is a virtue...

Re: uh... What made you go with this...

123 Runite said:
I'm not really fond of the mood/tone of Zero Effort; it seems to deliberately put down the creators of WADS or MODS if they have put a lot of effort. It does sound funny, but symbolically it's really not. I know Sonic Rush Adventure 2 isn't much of a good MOD, but the way the game was presented in the blog was too severe in sharing the thoughts of the MOD, basically being really negative, perhaps even beyond constructive criticism and just it making fun of the WADS or MODS. I know the purpose of the blog is for "Tearing apart SRB2 addons for your enjoyment," but I think overall it's just too harsh, even if it's funny for the creator of the presented WAD or MOD.

I'll make sure I review your mod one of these days... (I joke...)

It's meant to be harsh, it's not funny if you aren't harsh about it. Have you ever seen the real Zero Punctuation? Croshaw has the same opinion, it's not funny when he's nice. I try to keep it to constructive criticism, but sometimes making fun of it is much more enjoyable...

The whole point is to review wads with terrible quality, thus implying that the creator put zero effort in. It's really not hard to come by these days, either. You want harsh? I can be a lot harsher, I could pick apart every little detail about everything in a wad...

Oh wait...

Sorry about the delay between reviews, guys, I've been busy lately, homework last week, TF2 free weekend, etc...
I'll try and get back up to speed soon, expect to see a good 5 over the UK summer holidays, as well as one this weekend (possibly).

The next wad, by the way, is Hetor's pack (with the no-censure patch)

Shadow Hog said:
...damnit, I thought I deleted the reply to the "hi I'm new" post when I deleted the "hi I'm new" post. Now I've got an even bigger mess on my hands. Baaaaaaaah.

Well that's what you get for deleting a post that had responses! :D

Re: uh... What made you go with this...

123 Runite said:
Hi Cue. (Please note this is how I greet anyone on the MB, if I'm specifically directing my attention towards them; if not, said greeting wouldn't appear here. This isn't supposed to make me sound like I'm fixing anything; my message is just focused on the addressee, but b/c this is a forum, anyone can respond to it.) I am using parenthesis to further elaborate and develop my point in case of there being a misunderstang, which can't possibly be there now, since I just used the parenthesis to explain and to make the misunderstanding, thus, nonexistant.
I am quoting you regarding your message as I find it rather funny, and I want to point out what is funny about your message through said quoting, and by editing the quote talked about in this sentence, I intensified the funny factor, in my humble opinion, of said phrase.
The fact that you explained something, rather obvious, is quite funny, because I find it humorous since said explanation was not really needed, making it useless, because there is not really much reason for it to be there.

Sorry, I couldn't resist (No offense, please, just poking a bit of fun)

Also, SRB2 dev blogs?
If there were some more updates, it could quite quench the thirst for more content, although I'd rather play SP maps instead of WATCHING them, but since I know ssn will never release SP map previews...

I only do bad stuff, sorry...

I'll do any bad stuff though, as long as it has enough depth for a 5 minute rant...

Would the Battle Woods Series be bad enough? (Will combine all 3 acts into one wad if it would help.)

Battle Woods Zone Act 1 had effort; it was quite obvious. It's just that the gimmick was bad. And no need; the example WAD I put on the Wiki for Linedef Type 15 was named Battle Woods Zone Act 4. :D

So... it's been almost six months since the previous update... Are these blogs being ignored, or is it simply a case of "nothing to report?"

At least the fact that SSNTails is getting married could warrant an update.

Jazz said:
So... it's been almost six months since the previous update... Are these blogs being ignored, or is it simply a case of "nothing to report?"

At least the fact that SSNTails is getting married could warrant an update.

Zero Effort's moved to a different place now... which is here -->ZeroEffort.org<--

As for the other blogs, I'd ask the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back