• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lilac's Lustrous Labors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. That's interesting.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

srb20036.png

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

srb20039.png
srb20037.png

srb20038.png

this should work

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------
https://gfycat.com/PlainUnconsciousGentoopenguin
this is why it's important to have rings!

gfycat.com/ImpishOfficialAntarcticfurseal
Free Flying. No Tails Needed!

I would like some advice so I know what I should fix.

Personally, I think that looks great so far. The only thing I could possibly point out is that you should add more detail to the map, but obviously I know that the map is in its very early stages - so I won't hugely emphasize the point. Other than that, great!

Honestly I was aiming for a SUGOI type of pack. I was going to make a couple of stages myself, and I never meant for a whole bunch of people to make it for me. But I guess NO to that, So I'll make this by myself.
I will point out that TehRealSalt consulted staff about how to set up the collaboration and got the go-ahead for it well before SUGOI was announced on the message board, and had a much more well defined structure to boot.

Collab solicitations have a long history of abuse here, after all. It's only prudent to actually make sure what you're doing is okay first, in cases like that.

If you're thinking of doing something that might be against the rules or you're otherwise unsure about, please remember to ask a moderator or admin for clarification first.

Ok, it's about time I bump this thread with actual GOOD stuff.
So, recently, I've been on Discord when I had this strange idea. I decided I wanted to put that idea to action, and with the help of a Discord friend by the name of "GoldenShine" the idea is finally done!
https://gfycat.com/BetterFlawlessHuemul

Like what you see? This is a new shield concept, that I have named the Rock Shield. What does it do? As you can see, the rocks orbit around you killing any enemy that gets hit by its orbit. You can also press your custom 2 to throw it, but then that leaves you vulnerable to enemies, and you will have to recharge. While the gifs make it seem extremely strong, in the end, it really isn't. The rock shield takes a balance on attack vs defense. This means projectiles are able to get the advantage on it, and when you launch the rocks, it leaves you very open for enemy attacks. One last thing it does is that it breaks breakable walls! Like knuckles, you can just go right up to a breakable wall, and well, um... just shatter it to pieces!

https://gfycat.com/TestyGrimyAlligatorgar

While I'd like to say it's done, there are still some things that could possibly conflict with it, and that needs to be fixed. I also want to finish a level introducing its gimmick before I have people using it. Just wanted to share about it since it's possibly very close to release.

Last edited:
So, basically a mix of Time Twisted's Rock Shield and Lost World's Asteroid? Sounds pretty neat! ...and overpowered as heck.

Might need some balancing, but overall it looks cool.

Yeah, that's the concept. In my opinion it possibly could use balancing on coop, but I think it's ok. And it would get destroyed in match, since everything is a projectile.

Hello! This is going to be my editing tag. This is where I'll post what I'm working on! (Until I learn the main basics, this is just going to be stages.)
So I've been working on this stage (supposed to be Grand Eggship Zone) called Eggnaught Zone.

Hmm... Eggnaught... That sounds familiar...

Hmm... Eggnaught... That sounds familiar...
Well, it might not be all that familiar, but the name comes based off a game I like (Freedom Planet) that had a last stage called Final Dreadnaught. I fused the word "Dreadnaught" and did what most eggman creations do, replacing it with the "Egg" That's mainly what the name is based on.

So, I'm not gonna shed too much light on this topic, but I guess my stuff was leaked out, and multiple people have my unfinished beta files. If you are one of these people, I plead and beg that you delete that file, as I have not shown anything of the pack, and it would be better you just wait for its completion.
Now along with that, I decided that while I wanted to keep the events of my map pack a secret for some time, due to the leaking, I changed my mind a little. So here's the beginning area for the first zone's act 2 remake, Verdant Hill Zone.

https://imgur.com/a/HPL90

Notes that I've collected:
1. The chains shouldn't be floating in midair, which I'll fix by putting a FOF in between
2. The bubble is way too big size wise, and makes it look awkward.
I'll be looking into these fixes, but for now, I'm more focused on the level designing getting done.
Big thanks to MPC for his awesome coding power, and agreeing to help me with this big old project of mine. I appreciate it!

Ayy you're back on MB an--

is that code

Those are custom code chains...

I cannot custom code...

crawls away in shame

Other than that I cannot wait for a release of this cool-looking level collection!

Last edited:
Gimmicks galore! that just looks like a test level, i assume you will sort that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back