View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013   #4
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual

Singleplayer:

Toxic Plateau > Mad Gadget > Neo Canyon > Gleaming Caverns > Eggslimer Battle > Fire Castle > Thawing Icecap

...I miss the old rating system already. Nothing in this SP division would have gotten over a 5.

Mad Gadget uses but then throws away its gimmicks before fleshing them out, Neo Canyon is easy to get lost in if you take the lower path and is obviously too short, Gleaming Caverns is basically bootleg Radient Caverns only more boring (though at least the 2D segments arn't terrible), Eggslimer Battle feels less like a challenge and more like every attempt at taking down the Egg Slimer's one weakness without even trying to be fun, and both Thawing Iceap and Fire Castle all have too many enemies and hazards, but Thawing Icecap has even MORE of both and is nigh impossible to navigate. Toxic Plateau shined above the rest, however. Mainly because it didn't show up. It had the decency not to be in the contest in the first place!

I could make longer reviews of these, but its midnight over here and I don't really want to do these maps multiple times. At least not alone.
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child

Last edited by D00D64; 02-01-2013 at 06:20 AM.