SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a Riders editor? Sounds more like an edited SOCEdit that's compatible with Riders. Still, I'm planning on simply porting Riders first without any huge additions, and letting people's comments, rants, etc. come in first before I release the next version

Any progress lately... :p

No, because he's evil. And fat. (>_>) And an idiot at times... *comes up with 9001 more insults for Eggman* And he got owned about OVER 9000 times. (PUN INTENDED!)

I SO owned eggman... And robotnik... And that fatty that looks like an egg... And... you get the hint...

No, because he's evil. And fat. (>_>) And an idiot at times... *comes up with 9001 more insults for Eggman* And he got owned about OVER 9000 times. (PUN INTENDED!)

I SO owned eggman... And robotnik... And that fatty that looks like an egg... And... you get the hint...
yeah i guess so. But in sonic riders hes not doing any thing evil. I think so.

Last edited:
srb20003.png

It's kinda funny how I never touched Riders while I was on vacation, but I've gone back to work on the same week that I'll be starting school again. Oh well.

The mod was being ported up to 80%, until October. Right now, it pretty much seems like it could be done in a few months. Just some loose ends here and there.
  • The floating signs that float up and down don't float by sprites anymore. Instead, they use the Crawla Commander's floating code. It's actually smooth now, like it's supposed to.
  • Adventure mode was removed in 2.0, and so was the intangible monitors. That was brought back for Riders and Mario Kart. Plus, I made sure you didn't bounced off when you jumped onto them.

It's kinda hard to think of new additions to post here, since most of the time is spent on porting. And just to be clear, it doesn't seem like JTE's bots will be added in. As expected, even the most updated code from the SVN is useless in 2.0. I still ported it, though. You can see the bots being spawned as players, and can F12'd them. But after one second, the gameplay freezes, just like a spike lag. Luckily, waypoints still work for players.

The only part of the mod that's been left untouched is actual level porting. I simply used lvlconv.exe, but there's a few levels that need tweaking. And when compared to 2.0's scenery, Riders levels appear dull. Specially Green Cave. But I'll get on it once the code is finished.

I would like to help port the Riders levels if possible, but I'm a bad procrastinater, so maybe not. The new Cave textures would help a lot for Green Cave and White Jungle.

And just to be clear, it doesn't seem like JTE's bots will be added in. As expected, even the most updated code from the SVN is useless in 2.0. I still ported it, though. You can see the bots being spawned as players, and can F12'd them. But after one second, the gameplay freezes, just like a spike lag. Luckily, waypoints still work for players.

Clarification: Are you saying there won't be singleplayer bots? Or are you just saying you can't get them to work for multiplayer?

And the gameplay freeze... does it recover, or do you have to exit out?

There won't be bots at all. They don't even work, so why keep them? The code is still there, it's just disabled. Just like Chaos mode. And the reason I said gameplay freeze is because you can still navigate through the menu.

This simply means there won't be a challenge in Single Player. But Riders is still meant for Multiplayer anyways. JTE doesn't seem like he'll bring back SRB2JTE, so we can just forget about bots for now.

It didn't accept ridersmusic? You're gonna have to be more specific. If you got an error, post it here. Also, if you were using the launcher, you should make sure that music isn't turned off. It's off by default, which I forgot to fix.

There won't be bots at all. They don't even work, so why keep them? The code is still there, it's just disabled. Just like Chaos mode. And the reason I said gameplay freeze is because you can still navigate through the menu.

This simply means there won't be a challenge in Single Player. But Riders is still meant for Multiplayer anyways. JTE doesn't seem like he'll bring back SRB2JTE, so we can just forget about bots for now.
Well,i can live with that.

I keep having problems trying to play SRB2 riders, Its says "This application has failed to start because fmod.dll was not found"
How do i fix?

srb20005.png

In case anyone missed it, the player's icons on the map don't appear on the 2P screen anymore. I moved the entire code from st_stuff to hu_stuff, after I tried finding a way for an image to not reappear on the 2P screen.

Not only that, but the icons move smoothly now. Before, the icons moved two pixels away when you crawled. This time, it's been cut by half. Now that it moves one pixel around the HUD, it's more accurate.

I also tried changing the icon's starting position depending on the white map outline's X and Y position. So that no matter what resolution you were playing with, they will always appear where they're supposed to. Sadly, that didn't work out. So as always, the game is made for 640x400 only. No point in playing on a bigger resolution anyways, since the entire HUD breaks in anything related to SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back