Greeneyes - v2.3.2 - Multiability ain't got nothin' on this! Feel the Heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, new update.

Attempts at making Greeneyes use the spin key to double jump have been futile, as the whirlwind shield overrides the jump with a shorter one, and I cant do anything to override the whirlwind shield whatsoever. Another time, perhaps.

But for now, Greeneyes can uncurl from a roll by pushing the spin key. He can technically run on water with speed shoes now, but only if the water's surface is within stepping range. So basically, never outside of GFZ1. Feh. I'll probably update Greeneyes some more later.

Okay, new update.

Attempts at making Greeneyes use the spin key to double jump have been futile, as the whirlwind shield overrides the jump with a shorter one, and I cant do anything to override the whirlwind shield whatsoever. Another time, perhaps.

But for now, Greeneyes can uncurl from a roll by pushing the spin key. He can technically run on water with speed shoes now, but only if the water's surface is within stepping range. So basically, never outside of GFZ1. Feh. I'll probably update Greeneyes some more later.
How does the "waterrun" work now ? Wouln't it be better to give him waterrun without swim ?(and what if the whirlwind shield's jump boost got changed(but only for this character) or maybe a triple jump if you have the shield ?
I've created a custom edit of this and added the double jump to the LUA/Custom Key 1.

Okay, updated AGAIN, this time, he can water run if he drops off the ledge. Highly considering enabling uncurling in the air for this purpose. Thanks to 742mph for making said water run code improvements!

ef1LOTa.png

...Welp, update 2.0. That was quick! He's now got a LOT of perks to him, so check the main post for the info!

Huh. Cool, we've got a more awesome Greeneyes! I can see now he has some more abilities.

What button activates Super Greeneyes?

Greeneyes completely destroys THZ.

iUh6hMU5vs6Cu.gif

ixNMoh8p1jaFP.gif

iW2u4XhDqxWVI.gif

ibtGRWt4XGQA8E.gif

idWYfzbCcDPqy.gif

I love it.

What button activates Super Greeneyes?

Same way you activate Super with most characters; jump twice with all emeralds.

cant seem to double jump with a shield

Tell me if I'm wrong but double jump uses spin button?
Shields can do something special by pressing the spin button, D-Jump for Wind shield and detonate for the Nuclear Bomb Shield.

Yeah, sorry about that, it was part of what I did to (try) to get the whirlwind shield to have a separate effect, in this case, an even bigger double jump. This was when I was trying to map the ability onto Spin. It is effected by the Force Shield too, due to how the Force Shield works, as it checks other shields. So yeah, quick patch. I literally just added two characters to a line. And no, D-Jump isn't toss ring, its toss flag.

Yeah, sorry about that, it was part of what I did to (try) to get the whirlwind shield to have a separate effect, in this case, an even bigger double jump. This was when I was trying to map the ability onto Spin. It is effected by the Force Shield too, due to how the Force Shield works, as it checks other shields. So yeah, quick patch. I literally just added two characters to a line. And no, D-Jump isn't toss ring, its toss flag.
I like the new changes, but I noticed some things:
Why isn't double jump on the first custom action key ? It would make a lot more sense if it was and I'd like to have custom action 3 for lightdash(So that every character that uses lightdash has it on the same key, key 1 would work too, but it wouldn't work with characters that already have a special ability on that, I hope you understand what I mean). Does it use the same lightdash code, as the one posted on the forums ? I think it should give sonic a short invinciblity because it can mess up sometimes and launch you into enemies.
Greeneyes has Super Sprites, but you didn't set the super flag so he uses the default sonic sprites(might be fixed now, but the palette needs to be changed so it flashes).
Lightdash uses the "super run" sprites, which are currently the racecar sprites, maybe change that.
Did you change the waterrun so you can do it while running even without super sneakers ?(the bugs part of the topic still says that you can glitch waterrun, but I remember that you changed it).

SUPER GREENEYES RACING
de6nzYf.gif

k1yTxyf.gif
It's yours my friend, as long as you have enough rings:
http://youtu.be/fa1cHi5acR8

Last edited:
The sound that he does when he homing attacks is very annoying specially when you are using it to beat lots of enemies. I think the speed thok/ SA's homing attack sound effect is better.

And now, 2.3, the HEAT update!

his keys got rearranged (check the main post), and using Custom 3 when the meter is full makes you Feel the Heat! It boosts your abilities and is really ridiculous! Use with super mode, and your meter is infinite, making it even MORE ridiculous! So hot, nothing can touch ya! He also uses normal Super sprites for his super form now, but for those of you that miss the car, there's a SuperCar varient of the wad too. Go download the zip!

Nice little upgrade Greeneyes has got here! I can't help but feel that the "Heat" ability goes by a little too fast, but I guess that's to keep it from becoming overpowered. Greeneyes is getting awesomer with every passing week... or month... or something.

Okay, quick patch. He plays nice with NiGHTS mode now (as far as I can tell), and has a super icon. Not sure how to fix the weird pully bug though. Another time, perhaps.

Not sure how to fix the weird pully bug though.
Change LUA_GAME line 54 to "player.normalspeed = 35*FRACUNIT". Right now you have it forcing the player's speed to always be 35. Pullies set speed to 10, but your forced 35 speed overrides it.

Also, part of your heat meter HUD is drawing as the other characters, replace LUA_HEAT with this to fix it.

Last edited:
Bah, that explains it. I never fixed that being player.speed. I did with Feel the Heat mode, but nt when normal. Anyways, I fixed both just now, so thanks Katmint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back