Sega Expects Sonic's Quality to improve over time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people who are not Sonic fans will tell you that the older games were superior to the newer ones. Being a nostalgiafag has nothing to do with it.

I know this to be truth. As it is, I have a friend in school that is far from being a fan, yet the thing is, he acknowledges that the classic Sonic was one of the pioneers of gaming but does not like these new games at all. And another thing? Thankfully me and him agree that SatAM was an epic cartoon.
Besides going back to the roots and giving us a full out quality title for once there is actually demand for more of SatAM and well... Awesomeness.

I have the right to believe though that I should expect high and geeat things from SEGA. You should always expect the best from a company, and unfortunately SEGA keeps taking the easy route.

Just some cents.

I know this to be truth. As it is, I have a friend in school that is far from being a fan, yet the thing is, he acknowledges that the classic Sonic was one of the pioneers of gaming but does not like these new games at all. And another thing? Thankfully me and him agree that SatAM was an epic cartoon.
Besides going back to the roots and giving us a full out quality title for once there is actually demand for more of SatAM and well... Awesomeness.
Sounds like a brainwash. Likewise, i've never met any SatAM fans in real life. They'd rather watch mighty max.

And yes. Sonic is for 12 year olds. Sonic is also for 7 year olds and 5 year olds. It's a children's game franchise. It always was. It wasn't developed to be some deep mature serious depth filled thing for adults about talking animals with uncanny abilities.

Last edited:
Most people who are not Sonic fans will tell you that the older games were superior to the newer ones. Being a nostalgiafag has nothing to do with it.

I don't know. Everyone I met seems like the old games are awesome. The new games suck. Even the handheld ones? O_o

I don't know. Everyone I met seems like the old games are awesome. The new games suck. Even the handheld ones? O_o

Then Blue Warrior is also suggesting that I live in a place where the common opinion isn´t the rule, because the 4 persons I have seen complain about the older games those persons are: my 10 year old cousin (not the idiot one), a friend, my 19 year old cousin and my other friend, they all said ¨How boring, change the game, I don´t wanna play it¨, ¨How can you play this **** man?¨ and stuff like that, obviously I farther prefer the new games to the old ones.

Sounds like a brainwash. Likewise, i've never met any SatAM fans in real life. They'd rather watch mighty max.

And yes. Sonic is for 12 year olds. Sonic is also for 7 year olds and 5 year olds. It's a children's game franchise. It always was. It wasn't developed to be some deep mature serious depth filled thing for adults about talking animals with uncanny abilities.
Brainwash? Hahahahaahhahahahhaha, dude you're funny. That's the syndrome amongst the fanboys who eat up the new games, not the older fans.

And yet the Genesis was the console directed more towards teens and college students..... Odd, right? Yeah.. More like Sonic was something for EVERYONE to love instead of only being directed toward the 12 and under group. Teens could relate while most young little kids had a Tails like obsession and wanted to be just like him.

If anything, SEGA has ruined the name of Sonic the Hedgehog by actually putting a limit on the blue wonder. Let me remind you that Sonic hates restrictions. And since this was always so then why is SEGA restricting him to such a young crowd and the sort?

Sonic has been becoming more and more generic by the year. And that I detest. I want a Sonic game not a Sonic-y Awesome Possum.

Brainwash? Hahahahaahhahahahhaha, dude you're funny. That's the syndrome amongst the fanboys who eat up the new games, not the older fans.
It's possible for fans of the classic games to be brainwashed too, you know. In fact, I believe they have a special name for that: rose-tinted sunglasses.

If you ask me, I'd have to say this "children's franchise" and "age limit" argument is, quite frankly, retarded. It's not an excuse for making crap games, which is why we still have full adults who can enjoy the Klonoa series every now and then. A game is good if a game is good - your age couldn't possibly have anything less to do with it.

Then Blue Warrior is also suggesting that I live in a place where the common opinion isn´t the rule, because the 4 persons I have seen complain about the older games those persons are: my 10 year old cousin (not the idiot one), a friend, my 19 year old cousin and my other friend, they all said ¨How boring, change the game, I don´t wanna play it¨, ¨How can you play this **** man?¨ and stuff like that, obviously I rarther prefer the new games to the old ones.
Well lets see....
Sounds like to me that 1.) They prefer this generation's games instead of an old generation since it looks simpler
2.) Sonic games never interested them from the start, Or they prefer another genre of game.

In any case, we're in a generation in which graphics and action are the big thing in gaming. So it's only obvious that an old version of sonic would be unsatisfying to those who have not grown up in it's time or enjoy it's gameplay period. Not everyone likes everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back