The Meeting Room [Discontinued]

Do you like the look of this wad and what do you think of the gameplay?

• I would say this level is excellent for a first wad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would say this level is good for a first wad.

• I would say this level is... meh for a first wad.

• I wouldn't call this level very good even if it is a first try.

• I would say this level is awful.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannyness

This topic is the release of my first completed level wad. this level was made with Doom Builder, and may I thank Sykotic (for his advice and patience with my noobishness) and SF94 (For his help with the glitchiest thok barrier in the world, and for his advice on my crap colour scheme)

'Eggman's Meeting Room: Do Not Enter Without Permission. Please Be Tidy.'

Well, every Sonic character needs some fun, right? Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and the gang are bored, and decide to have some fun in Eggman's Council Meeting Place. Maybe they'll find all the Emeralds, too...

Known Bugs: The level still appears as Greenflower Zone and shares it's music. A friend of mine is going to help me fix that in due course as I suck at scripts and SOCs.

The Level is playable only in Coop mode at the moment. Just force Match until I fix that.

The ceiling above the chairs is glitched. I'm fixing that ASAP.

Known Stuff You Think Is A Bug But Isn't: 'OMG I CNT GT OWT OF TEH EMRLD LOCASHUNS!!111SHIFTONE'
...No, that's on purpose. I can think of at least three ways to get out. But i'm not telling you how.
© Hannyness @ SRB2MB and Team Metal Forums. Please do not redistribute this wad without permission. You are welcome to edit this wad as long as credit is given to myself and the SRB2MB. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO YOU CLAIM TO OWN THIS WAD.

As I say, this is my first wad so be as harsh as you like. Also, I sincerely apologise for the crap screenshots, as I can't get any of the fixing codes to work.

Screenshots

This is the main part of the level, which is almost symmetrical. I believe at least one of the Emerald Locations is shown here. The pillars you see are black and white.

srb20003.png

One of the pillars (they're all the same, so don't ask me which one.)
srb20004.png

Ohmygod! Secret Emerald location! Go on, try and find it. Attempt the impossible.
srb20005.png

Another random view.

srb20006.png

So, you've seen the screenies. You've probably guessed the locations already. Now for the download link.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gjlm1w

Have a nice day and please post feedback.

Hannyness said:
Good effort, maybe needs a little work

IS constructive. Know the difference.
No it isn't. It doesn't describe what needs work at all.

http://www.srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Map_Header

Too small and pointless, as well as needing the rings to be put in lines. Also, it's only 6 sectors. EPICFAIL

Hannyness said:
© Hannyness @ http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb and http://metalsonicmk72.forumsvibe.com. Please do not redistribute this wad without permission. You are welcome to edit this wad as long as credit is given to myself and the SRB2MB. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO YOU CLAIM TO OWN THIS WAD.
No one cares, and your link is broked.

EPICPHAIL

Please don't flame, I know I said be as harsh as you like but at least try and be civil :)

No one cares
Au contraire. I do. And I deem it necessary.

Hannyness wrote:
Quote:
Good effort, maybe needs a little work

IS constructive. Know the difference.

No it isn't. It doesn't describe what needs work at all.

And that has to do with this topic... what?

I know how to do it but my SRB2 Doom Builder is, in fact, glitchier than a level with no thok barrier and therefore crashes when I try and edit my MAINCFG lump.

and your link is broked

Thanks for telling me.

Well, I can't say that I like this map, but for one, it looks organized. However, there are just too many flaws in this map-

1)First and foremost, what is an emerald pickup doing in a match map in the first place? Remove this immediately, please.

2)The stage is confined to one room. It's just too simple to be any fun. Add some side areas away from the main area.

3)Rings are few and far in between. Having to walk 5 steps between rings can get really frustrating in a heated match. You should always try to add rings in bunches.

4)For the love of god, fix your map header. on Edge has already provided the link.

5)Look at SRB2's main levels. Use them as an example to find out what your map lacks.

As this match/tag level is now, I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, Sorry.

Kuja, thankyou for your honesty. I am trying to fix all of these things, but due to me being a total Doom virgin before a fortnight ago I am struggling slightly. Tbh I'm planning on adding many more rooms and calling it Eggman's Chambers or something but first I have to figure out how to work FOFs that don't crash my game.

The Srb2Wiki is your friend...

Tells you how to make a FOF, and lists all FOF types.

Also note that all the disclaimers you added saying to the extent of "DONT STEEL MAH WAD!" is unnecessary, it is already in the rules of these forums and is also common courtesy.

Trust me, nobody is going to take credit for your work. I have released many wads without such disclaimers and nobody has attempted to take credit for my work as of yet.

Well, everyone else alreayd summed it up for me, but where are the other 6 emerlads? I coulds only find the one in the middle.

EDIT: Found them.

Hannyness said:
I know how to do it but my SRB2 Doom Builder is, in fact, glitchier than a level with no thok barrier and therefore crashes when I try and edit my MAINCFG lump.
You should use a lump editor like XWE or SlumpED for configuring text lumps like the MAINCFG. Please do change the map header so it can be played properly. I also suggest a change of level name, it sounds like a hangout place.

I think it's pretty good. As you said, add FOFs, also something that might make this a little more interesting, is changing the road texture to black, and turning it into a death pit. Also I suggest make an opening to the black and white pillars, and put a spring in there, so if you do create FOFs, you could get on them by going in the b/w pillars. Also thank you very much for not using that horrible orange and blue texture!

The black and white pillars DO have an opening. However, you need to play as Knuckles in order to get to it. :) Torgo, thanks for the tip, Jazz likewise. Kaysakado, glad you found them :] (I love those locations!)

I'm going to undertake major work on this wad, with extensions, etc. Oh and a courtyard. But for now, according to feedback I don't mind if you download this wad or not but don't recommend :)
Peoples may as well abandon this topic as I will make a new one when the level is ready to be rereleased.

Thankyou anyway for your feedback.

Very sub-par. I can't really describe how to fix it, because there really isn't a true error to it. Everything needs work; the layout, textures, item placement, everything! Whoever helped you has no idea what they're doing.

Looks like you'd better thank Syko, SonicFreak94 and the Wiki Segmint :] All that is the precise reason that i have recommended this topic is ABANDONED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back