We're Not Dead Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a shitty level designer, sure, that could happen. But in reality, no, it wouldn't.

The area the camera object resides is completely segregated from the rest of the map. You'll never go into that area.

It's great to see some progress is still being made. It'll be interesting to see how the changes will alter the contest maps for 2.1. As long as there is still internal activity, I'm not really concerned about how long it takes, but I remain hopeful that the net code issues finally get resolved this year. Also, I'm looking forward to eventually testing the net code on Big Endian systems. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how 2.1 will compare to 2.06 in terms of CPU usage?

Last edited:
The area the camera object resides is completely segregated from the rest of the map. You'll never go into that area.

Correction: it's supposed to be segregated from the rest of the map. You can still noclip into the skybox and see Sonic standing in the skybox from the skybox. You can still make a level that traverses through the skybox area. You can make what you see in the skybox be part of the level. I'm waiting on you guys for crazy skybox shenanigans.

Well, yeah, that's a given, but there aren't a lot of situations where you'd ever want that to happen, normally.

A level that toggles flipcam 1 to create a cool semi-mirrored floor? A funhouse? Anything that's supposed to mess with the player's expectations, really.

YES! Looking good! I've been looking forward to this for too long.
Do you have a rough release date yet? Within the year, maybe?

A level that toggles flipcam 1 to create a cool semi-mirrored floor?

I don't see how that could work. flipcam only takes effect when you are standing in reverse gravity, such that leaving flipcam on will make it always look like you're facing upright, as if your character and camera haven't even moved or changed direction when the entire level flips over around you. In other words, you never even realize you start ERZ2 on the ceiling...

Wow, All the new stuff is looking great! At this point I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, perhaps even more. I really have nothing else to say other then to take as much time as you need on this.

Amazing, just amazing. You guys are
Doing a fantastic job. The special stages impressed me, those shield graphics are just wow, the sky block blows my mind, the only thing i have to say is why reprogram the slime?

It wasn't reprogrammed. Old slime functionality is still there.

Trust me when I say that this makes THZ very, VERY awesome. Historically, I always hated THZ because it felt like an extension of GFZ, except with pain water. It was incredibly dull and I accepted it as something I had to play through to get to the other levels. I actually enjoy new THZ and it's an absolutely amazing difference. It feels like its own unique level now and it's awesome.

All I can say is this is a great update. I got to admit that with the screenshots of Techno Hill Zone 1, it looks better than ever and definitely doesn't look like a Green Flower Zone 4 anymore. The new slime looks interesting and the shield graphics looks great.

Keep up the good work and hope the net code will be fixed soon

Nope.

It's actually much simpler than that.

It's a secondary camera object that renders what it sees in F_SKY1. The skybox is actually contained within a whole sectioned-off part of the map.
That's what I thought. Isn't that how they're done in CB too?

Colour me impressed, you've managed to do the impossible and make Techno Hill Zone look fun. Definitely looking forward to playing that!

Also looking forward to playing that new Hydrocity Zone. I guess SRB2&K did some good in the end after all ;)

Last edited:
I don't see how that could work. flipcam only takes effect when you are standing in reverse gravity, such that leaving flipcam on will make it always look like you're facing upright, as if your character and camera haven't even moved or changed direction when the entire level flips over around you. In other words, you never even realize you start ERZ2 on the ceiling...

I'm clearly making an excuse for you to program a bunch of new useless features! :D

I know it may be a lot of work but could you be able to make it so there are multiple md2s and md2s for menus and character specific items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back