Stop sopa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Postpone"/"delay" != "cancel"

It's not over until it's definitively dead.

This is a very good sign, though. A lot of legislators who previously supported the bills are rethinking their positions. Even if the vote happens, they almost certainly won't pass, and unless they passed with a 2/3 majority, President Obama would veto them.

Still, like Shadow Hog, I won't breathe freely until the bills are officially dead. And, of course, the bills, however catastrophic they could be, are meant to address a serious issue that we still need to find some way of fighting.
It's like how that saying goes: "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"
Just because SOPA have lost for now dosen't mean we've won the war in this sense. Not that it IS a war, god that would be awful.
In other words I agree

SOPA and PIPA are not dead. They (and censorship bills like them) will never be dead, as long as Big Media has the ability to bribe and extort our politicians through campaign "donations" and attack ads. They may be watered down slightly, but mark my words: they will reappear once the media circus moves on.

Last edited:
Anonymous deleted CBS.com
Taking a shorter break than their last vacation, Anonymous is back at it already. Reports are coming in that they had completely knocked out CBS.com and are continuing their revenge spree. The CBS takedown wasn't your regular DDoS attack because if you went to CBS.com at the time Anon attacked it, there was nothing except an index page with a single file. That's it. Basically, Anonymous gained access to CBS.com and deleted EVERYTHING.

Well, CBS was on the other side, so it's only normal...

That said, that guy is **** hot! I mean, man! He assaulted a dozen of websites concerning internet privacy in like, what, less than a week?!

Hardcore hacking there.

Honestly, DDoS attacks aren't going to get anywhere, and I really wish they'd stop, but I definitely know how that mentality works.

For everyone who brings a mature attitude, there's going to be someone who throws flaming poo.

For everyone who brings a mature attitude, there's going to be someone who throws flaming poo.
That's your average ten year old newbie that throws poo. I've seen too many of that type, and I'm also a little sick of the experienced users that persecute them.

Oh, and does anyone think that PETA might troll with SOPA?

As usual, my metaphors completely go over someone's head. You do realize that I was talking about something COMPLETELY different from that, right?

Sorry about that. I've been misunderstood a couple of times as well, so again, I'm sorry about that.

The internet already breaks the laws, adding more won't stop it, it will make it harder, but you're insane if you really think it's going to change things that much.

And Personally I find that the example of someone singing someone else's song should be done in privacy and not posted on the internet, I don't want to hear a squeaky, puberty cracking voice singing a song that was already done fine, but feel free to do it if you think it's a good idea...

However, I am completely a fan of Justin Bieber going to jail.

However there are things I wonder, for example would someone playing a guitar rendition of the champion music from Pokemon Gold have it held against them. Would it only be held against them if they Say "this is the Champion music from Pokemon Gold"? Or would it even be touched, it is technically copyrighted, but it's not exactly in the same boat as singing a song...

I believe that SOPA and such will trample over some people's expression of themselves, but I can also see the point behind it no matter how misguided it is.

I can see both ends, I think we should be completely allowed to express ourselves through renditions of copyrighted material as long as we aren't making money off of it~ This goes for games like SRB2, music, drawings, etc. In fact in some ways things like this help companies more so than hurt.

Also as for anonymous... I formally align myself with them on some things as they are usually a force for internet rights these days more than just straight up trolls, at least their public faces, or Guy Fawkes Masks as the case may be. I try to distance myself from some of their methods, despite the ability being there *cough*

But yes, there's going to be good and bad in any group of gents out there. Anonymous is no different there are some who are not here to steal your bike, so to speak, but there are just as many who will.

Last edited:
Hmm... should we worry about ACTA now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Xg_C2YmG0

While it isn't SOPA related... I think it should be mentioned...
It already was.

Not as many people are caring about ACTA (As of right now) compared to SOPA. I'm sure the number will rise when it comes close to voting time.
tumblr_ly6cbsJBck1qjkzz8

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/16257654698/acta-in-a-nutshell-what-is-acta-acta-is-the

---
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitio...d-protect-our-right-privacy-internet/MwfSVNBK

A petition has started against ACTA on the whitehous.gov site.

Last edited:
It's like a straight copy from Twitter, except you can play (shitty) games.
Especially since they're almost completely different in terms other than posting messages, and the fact that Facebook came first, right?

and lol, "shitty" games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back