Contest Discussion Topic (2.1.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if that's a ctf map, it looks complete enough structure wise, just needs the rings and flags and it should be playable.

I personally don't think the OLDC is for full final version levels, Especially now that there's suppose to be a "finals contest" for this year.

That map is 50% complete (level design).

j4RAlHu.png

Last edited:
Incidentally, guys, you can submit very-unfinished maps if you want. I submitted Incomplete Xmas Zone back in the day, after all.

Granted, your odds of winning are lower if you don't finish, but if what is done is heavily-polished enough, then never say "never".

Just over 2 days left before the submission deadline, and still no new entries beyond the four intended for last OLDC have been entered. Surely somebody here has something to enter this time?

...Well, I can try to enter this with a really, really, really unfinished map, but I doubt it will be good to have a 1 minute (or even less) demo map for a contest, and I'm not even sure it would still be accepted for the next contest in its final state anyway. =|

1 min? yea, too unfinished from the sounds of it.

Update: I have now submitted a level

Last edited:
...Well, I can try to enter this with a really, really, really unfinished map, but I doubt it will be good to have a 1 minute (or even less) demo map for a contest, and I'm not even sure it would still be accepted for the next contest in its final state anyway. =|

Same here. It's really a question whether you want quality or quantity.

I'd suggest not making a deadline until enough entries are submitted and then making one for the rest to get finished.

Are you guys going to delay it one more time or pull the plug for OLDC until 2.2? I don't want to see OLDC go away again...

well there's only 5 entries now. if canceled I blame people either being distracted, or putting in too much detail that it takes more than 2 months.

Sometimes there's not enough time for mapping, just real life interferes.

At least the next contest (if there will be one) will have much more entries, I hope.

Well this contest had 4 months due to a lack of entries for the last one. 4/5 of the entries are hold overs, and so far, mine is the only new one. And based upon public info, the only single player entry.

Plus I made mine in less than 2 weeks.

Don't worry, it'll all work out.

You're not the only SP entry, by the way, and another CTF level happened. There's two SP levels so far last the judges said on IRC while I was around, and one more is arriving this evening come rain or shine.

The OLDC will live, even if that life will be as inglorious as the death it barely escaped.

Yes, it's happening Larztard. Go home.

How funny could an OLDC filled of unfinished maps?

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions guys, Mystic's the one who decides whether the OLDC is happening or not, not us. =P

That said, we have enough entries for an SP contest now, which is cool. ("another CTF level happened" no it didn't, where did that factoid come from?)

How funny could a OLDC filled of unfinished maps?

While I don't see anything funny in that, it's sure that it would help getting feedback for the tiny maps that are gonna be in there. Even tough, I'm not likely to enter this with my map I shown as a gif on my thread because it just didn't go farther than that for the momment, and I'm not feeling like rushing a section just for the sake of throwing it into the OLDC.

I share your feelings Lat.

Well, now we must wait for Mystic. Maybe in that time the OLDC could get one or two new entries.

I was under the impression another CTF level happened, but if that's not the case then oh well, the person who submitted in that category can just get an auto-goldname.

I tried to make another CTF stage happen last night, but couldn't quite wrap my head around how I wanted the layout to work, so since I won't get out of work today until well after the deadline, no awful speedmap CTF stage from me, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back