[Open Assets] Enemy Spawner (enemyspawner.soc)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
Since A_RandomStateRange was fixed in 2.0.5, I can finally release this little SOC I made a few months ago. The SOC creates a new object that spawns a random enemy every 10 seconds, just like SRB2's old Chaos mode.

There's a slight modification to the THZ boss to make it work without needing an axis, but other than that, all enemies are unmodified.

Like with my Super Monitor SOC, everyone is free to use this SOC however they wish to use it.

Attachments

• enemyspawner.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 773
FuriousFox said:
There's a slight modification to the THZ boss to make it work without needing an axis

Hang on...this Thing spawns bosses too? That pretty much guarantees that this thing will be awkward to use anywhere.

IMO, this should be customizeable. Here's what I recommend:

Ambush flag: bosses are excluded
Angle number: amount of time between spawnings. An angle of 0 would default to 10 seconds.

If you made these changes, this Thing would be useful for Tortured Planet.

Hang on...this Thing spawns bosses too? That pretty much guarantees that this thing will be awkward to use anywhere.

IMO, this should be customizeable. Here's what I recommend:

Ambush flag: bosses are excluded
Angle number: amount of time between spawnings. An angle of 0 would default to 10 seconds.

If you made these changes, this Thing would be useful for Tortured Planet.

fawful, you can't just make SOCs do that. I think features like those are hard-coded. You gotta open 'er up in SOCedit/Notepad and mess with it yourself.

Yeah, like D00D64 said, I don't think it's possible to do something like that.

Anyways, while I forgot to specify this in the first post, everyone is free to take the SOC and modify it to fit your needs. It wouldn't be too difficult to change which enemies spawn, or change the interval between spawnings.

What are frames 1793 through 1795 for? Also why aren't they in the random state range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back