port fowarded but server is not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DolphinCube

Cubin' Around SRB2
idk what happened but when i port fowarded. the server is just not showing up! is there a port other than the one in the srb2 wiki?

When you port forwarded, did your router restart, or did you use the right IP Adress, for me the first time i port forwarded it also wasn't working, i saw that when i port forward, it says my router will restart, but for me it doesn't at all, i figured out my real IP Adress, and it worked, by that time i used to host Servers, in the standard room, but when i changed my computer, i port forwarded with my new IP and it didn't work, and then i changed my IP to my older IP from my older PC, and then it worked, so i think that my IP was broken or something. So i say try checking your IP Adress, it might have something to do with it. I changed my IP using the port forwarding tool. But i didn't need to use the full version.

It's a bit strange but its what i did.
Hope this Helps, and good luck.

Last edited:
how do i find my real ip adress?

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

and also it was casual

how do i find my real ip adress?

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

and also it was casual

To find your real Ip, you should go to command prompt, go to start, and type cmd, open it, in cmd type in: ipconfig/all, now you look for your recomended, usually the recomended IP adress is IPv4 Adress , so thats your real ip adress.

That's all the help i can give you.

Doing what Boo said won't give you the public/ external IP you need for others to connect. That gives you your internal IPV4, though you will want that to log into your router and set up what device you're forwarding on.
If you Google something such as "external ip", it'll tell you at the top. Sites like the one TripleT posted will also work.

With that said, your IP isn't needed for appearing on the master server - only for direct connections.
Make sure you have 5029 UDP forwarded properly for the device you're hosting the server on. You can change this port to something else if you have to, but 5029 is the default.
Another thing I recommend doing is unblocking this port in your Windows firewall as it can cause issues in some cases.

Check out the program PFPortChecker to make sure the port is open. Very useful way to see if its forwarded correctly before bothering with hosting the server.

edit: you don't need a static ip for standard play, that just over-complicates things.

Last edited:
Doing what Boo said won't give you the public/ external IP you need for others to connect.
If you Google something such as "external ip", it'll tell you at the top. Sites like the one TripleT posted will also work.

With that said, your IP isn't needed for appearing on the master server - only for direct connections.
Make sure you have 5029 UDP forwarded properly. You can change this port to something else if you have to, but 5029 is the default.
Another thing I recommend doing is unblocking this port in your Windows firewall as it can cause issues in some cases.

Check out the program PFPortChecker to make sure the port is open. Very useful way to see if its forwarded correctly before bothering with hosting the server.

Yes, but you need your internal ip adress, i used my internal ip adress and it works well, and yes it also might be your firewall, i believe you should use your internal ip adress, not your external IP Adress, for me the external ip adress is also very easy to find, i tryed it but it doesnt work, thats why im trying say to use your internal IP.

About the IP, you need it to port forward the IP that can reach your computer, we need the computers IP adress, thats why most instructions consider you should use your static Ip adress, or just give you instructions on setting your static ip, because a static ip is your computer's proper IP, external is just your net and that is not needed.

My instructions, helps you find your computer's internal IP Adress, and your internal ip adress is the computer's proper IP.
But my IP is dynamic, so even if its not static, it will still work.

Thats the end of my IP adress class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back