A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since 2.2 may be coming this year, I might just buy a gaming computer. I'm also planning on getting Isaac Rebirth, Sonic lost world, and fallout 4.

Interestingly, I've also found that the Mac ports ran far better than the Windows versions. It's one of the multiple reasons I'm disappointed that the Mac port isn't updated anymore...

Since 2.2 may be coming this year, I might just buy a gaming computer. I'm also planning on getting Isaac Rebirth, Sonic lost world, and fallout 4.

Eh, that's one of the funniest things i ever heard, SRB2 is based on Doom Legacy engine which is a Sourceport of the 1993 game Doom, i'd understand if it xas based on Doomsday but no, you don't need to upgrade your PC ;) .

In fact, SRB2 generally runs better on older machines.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over my
VJnbRnj.png

RedEnchilada makes a pretty good point...XD

I absolutely LOVED Seraphic Skylands, and that has some lag problems on lower end machines last I was aware.

OpenGL mode is an absolute pain for my PC, and it's quite old. Also note that loading several mods can tax the game, but that can vary, it depends.

Software runs well on old, single-core processor Windows XP computers. OpenGL relies on your GPU instead which is pretty bad for older computers that use integrated graphics, but can offer a huge performance boost to computers with dedicated graphics. Hell, anything released within the last five or six years should run GL without issue.

(it's not like GL is heavy enough to require a modern GPU at all though)

Software runs well on old, single-core processor Windows XP computers.

Wolfy. No. As the owner of an HP Windows XP Home Edition laptop that has 0.99GB of RAM, SRB2 has a choppy framerate 100% throughout the game, only exceptions are the menus outside the gameplay.

Has anybody seen the new 2.2 screenshots on the SRB2 website? Looks awesome. I especially like GFZ's makeover. The new sky looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back