Thokker - Let's play "Kick the Crawla"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor note: There were a few bugfixes too. Here's a full changelog, but I didn't really wanna clutter the first post with it.
  • UPDATE: .thk file now compatible with 2.1.15; all the bugs introduced in that update fixed, independent exe deprecated (sorry red)
  • UPDATE: 4 new maps in the Community set, creating a virtual second act of small/medium/large maps within.
  • UPDATE: The filesize of all of the music has been reduced. Granted, we've just added more so the file's still larger than before, but it's the thought that counts.
  • FEATURE: It's now impossible to attempt to load a Thokker map in any gametype other than Team Match, since we don't have an exe to arbitrarily hide the other gametypes. Yep, that's right. We were on top of Team Match all along! (Now the "Thokker" labels the level select icons have are actually useful, as opposed to redundant)
  • FEATURE: Tails' gust thrust now in whatever direction he's aiming, reducing the chaos of his ability from un-fun stalemating levels.
  • BUGFIX: Tails' gust thrust is only boosted when you're pressing jump, not pressing jump and holding spin at the same time to get closer to the ground.
  • BUGFIX: Getting the ball into the goal without touching it no longer causes a hook removal. This was possible when, say, a Tails player blows it around with inattentive or nonpresent members of the other team completely failing to stop it.
  • BUGFIX: You can't drown to water or space whilst the pre-match timer's counting down.
  • BUGFIX: The ball now tries to take account of reverse gravity, but it's possible there's something in the base game that doesn't that we haven't overwritten, 'cause what rudimentary testing I did on that felt wrong
  • BUGFIX: Ancient Relic's music now properly loops

It was hard enough work getting v1.1 out without any real support of netgame testing, so there probably won't be another update until 2.2 comes out and our motivation to work on something like this increases again. There's some fun concepts which REALLY change the game, but without spare time and energy they just ain't happening for now. Sorry, kids.

Last edited:
KG00sfY.png

Let's play "Spot the issue"

It's the ball. It should be a tumbleweed in that map because that's how it is in the level header.

Red removed functionality from LUA_BALL, possibly on the request of Mystic or someone if the long term plan is to merge Thokker into vanilla and the multiple-visual-appearances thing for the ball is an issue. This is no longer the case!

Last edited:
It's time to play 1.1.1!
  • Hugs and kisses, we all made up. The balls now change with the maps again.
  • Claws For Alarm is now flatter and less frustrating. Thanks, VAda!
  • I might've touched the script a kersmidgen, but I can't remember how, so shrug.
  • Now called b_thokker.wad. The wad name will change with every release. The next version will obviously be called thokker.butt.

Last edited:
Thokker 1.1.1.1 is out. The only change is a fix to a long-standing desync issue for new joiners mid-round. Now people can play again!

Not anything major, but I was looking in the description and you called Tails a her. Tails is a guy, you know that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back