SF94-Serv

af1TD5Q.png

You thought you were done? The sf94ver/sf94version command is still telling me that the version is 3.82 when I'm playing SF94-Serv v3.83.

Last edited:
Not really a big deal to be honest. They can get that in the next version and the console command will say "3.83" when it should be 3.84

I'm not done at all! Many bugs still remain, like a endlessly looping music in SF94-Plaza, the super monitor (I'm not sure it is totally broken, but partially nevertheless), weapons having strange behavior (like that bomb that have a tiny explosion), also I haven't fixed anything in the Gelespious Mountain!
And I haven't yet ported SF94-Characters.wad and some other files that were included in the 2.0 version. Not sure if ALL will be ported, but I'm not done at all =o
...and yes, you'll never see "3.83 MKIII" in your console =p

I'm not done at all! Many bugs still remain, like a endlessly looping music in SF94-Plaza, the super monitor (I'm not sure it is totally broken, but partially nevertheless), weapons having strange behavior (like that bomb that have a tiny explosion)

And lets not forget the bug that existed in 2.0 which possibly wasn't fixed due to limitations but didn't care about much to tell about it sooner....

NPCs not being able to get to the 2nd floor of the house in SF94 City. :P

Out of curiosity, I decided to use MD2s... And that didn't go quite well... Why is this? Does sonic have some sprite names I don't know? (I used PLAY as a name but it didn't work either.)

I also found an entire collection of female hedgehog sprites that aren't being used for NPCs in the core wad, why is this also?

And finally, a command bug when you step on the cecho activators in the shield shop.

Attachments

• srb20070.png
    srb20070.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 1,243
  • srb20068.png
    srb20068.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,029
I know about the command problem, that isn't the final version but I am currently busy so it'll probably take a few time before I continue it.
About the MD2s, I didn't know and not even have a clue of what is wrong with that =o
When I have time I'll work on fixing that. That and the super monitor too, I know it is "partially" broken so I'll just port it with Lua (because you can do it with it :D).
Ah yes, I forgot the female hedgehog. Do you mean sprites F035?

Last edited:
No, I mean Sprites F021. The female hedgehog has a full walking set and hurt frames. It looks like it could be used for its own character.

Woops you're totally right! I made a mistake when porting the bots so now Amy bots look like vanilla characters.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Fixed. I'll release it as soon as I have fixed the shields shop buffer bug.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Released! Now the Amy bots are available again and the shield shop in SF94-Plaza no more spams your console =o
...And the version number is correct :D

I think i found another bug in Green City, right at the entrance as well.
I don't think that is supposed to be made out of grass.

Also, the Neon Night hospital is bugged in OpenGL, along with the train from Neon Night to SF94-City.

Attachments

• srb20014.png
    srb20014.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 864
Last edited:
Both glitches are fixed now. The odd grass in Green City was just a texture error, and the dark sprites in Neon Night hospital was caused by a lightning level of 256 rather than 255. I still have to make the train works.

It's cool how you ported it from 2.0.X to 2.1.X, I never experieced (mis-spell) any bugs, but I did in the original (2.0.X had some bugs). No questions, just amazing.

Oh boy I loved it during 2.0 times and I love it to this day and just great to have a port of it thats official!

It's nice that this was ported. This used to be one of my favorite mods back in SRB2 v2.0. There's some things I think you guys need to change, though. One thing I never understood was why this mod changed it so when you bounce off a spring you stay in your spinning animation. Literally all it does is make the game look as if there's no actual bounce animations so you just stay in your spinning frames, which obviously isn't true at all. I probably sound like I'm nitpicking right now, but I just think it's a pretty pointless thing to change from the default settings. It's only slightly more convenient since you can thok/fly/glide/etc. after coming off the spring, but I still don't see much of a need for it. Another unnecessary change I noticed was the new "x" for the lives. The default one was more fitting, and this new one is bigger and looks more out of place. I almost feel like some of the things changed in this mod were changed for the sake of having more things different from the default game. By the way, you guys should probably update the sprites used for the Amy NPC to Chrispy's Rosy sprites. The current sprites look extremely out of place and awful, and are literally from the 1.09.4 era. One last thing, your forgot to change the start up card you see when you launch SF94-Serv with an SRB2 launcher. You forgot to change "2.0.X" to "2.1.X". Despite all of this, though, the mod is in pretty good condition right now. It just needs a few aesthetic changes as mentioned above. I hope to see brand new features added to this mod in the future.

One thing I never understood was why this mod changed it so when you bounce off a spring you stay in your spinning animation. Literally all it does is make the game look as if there's no actual bounce animations so you just stay in your spinning frames, which obviously isn't true at all. I probably sound like I'm nitpicking right now, but I just think it's a pretty pointless thing to change from the default settings. It's only slightly more convenient since you can thok/fly/glide/etc. after coming off the spring, but I still don't see much of a need for it.

Because it's fun to take advantage of? You act as if anything in this mod has a need to be there. And you followed "literally only does this one aesthetic thing" with "I guess the extra ability it adds is ok", so I feel like this is a moot point. A more valid criticism of this feature would probably be the fact that it can sometimes completely break and send you maybe a quarter of the distance it was supposed to, but I don't think that's an issue anymore.

Another unnecessary change I noticed was the new "x" for the lives. The default one was more fitting, and this new one is bigger and looks more out of place. I almost feel like some of the things changed in this mod were changed for the sake of having more things different from the default game.

I don't know if you noticed, but the entirety of the HUD was re-done. The X has always looked bad though, I'll give you that.

I don't know if you noticed, but the entirety of the HUD was re-done. The X has always looked bad though, I'll give you that.
I'm not sure what you mean. The only change I see is that the HUD text is more of a gold color than the usual yellow, then there's that X.

Also, I forgot to point out a couple of things earlier.

lsbtbjjqzr.gif

You accidentally placed an extra exclamation point here.

onqydpwlgh.gif

Knuckles keeps the red orb around him from when he jumps when he's gliding. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but it looks odd to me.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back