delivery error to some some email domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Someone with a aol.com or aim.com address reported email from the forums as spam, and as such, AOL has now blocked all email from the srb2.org server

I am working with a AOL postmaster to get this block removed.O.K., they will be removing the block on email within 24 to 48 hours.

-------------------------------------

Note, now I find that Qwest blacklists the SRB2 server via a local DNSBL at bl.qwest.net

2009-07-13 20:12:32 1MQWZL-0008IP-W9 ** *****@qwest.net F=<*******@srb2.org> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<****@qwest.net>: host mx1.qwest.net [207.109.18.194]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [208.94.247.58] blocked using bl.qwest.net; IP 208.94.247.58 is locally blacklisted

For anyone that uses a Qwest email account, please request support to remove 208.94.247.58 from their blacklist if you wish to get emails from the forums.

Last edited:
Ahhh, Opps.... My bad!

*Insert sob story here in the spoiler*
[spoiler:cbfa6888d0]The reason I had the Srb2 forums as spam.

I usually go and check the Srb2 forum everyday, more than my e-mail.

So when I get to my e-mail. 13 new mails are there telling me about the topics stuff I just saw.

So I when to my profile to tell it "Stop sending me mail!" I checked it off.

Later, My E-mail "you got mail" 15 new e-mails -_-''.

So, I said it is just spam to me.
I didn't know that it would send it to the Aol HQ and spam it for every one else. That is my sob story THE END! [/spoiler:cbfa6888d0]

Anyway if there is something I can do pm me.

I hate AIM mail anyways. I just used it because my old E-mail was "broken" but I got it back. Is there a way I can get my old E-mail and put it in the area "whats your E-mail!" area? So I can continue getting messages?

That's hilarious. AOL sucked enough without rejecting an e-mail addresafter just ONE complaint.

I swear if I mark emails from srb2mb as spam it will take at least 7000 other people to do it before they even consider marking the email address as spam for everyone else.

Blue Warrior said:
Why people should even use AOL anymore is beyond me.
For a Spam E-mail.

So, you have a friends and family email address and a E-mail that you don't really care what or who gets.

srb2kirbyo said:
Ahhh, Opps.... My bad!

*Insert sob story here in the spoiler*

Anyway if there is something I can do pm me.

You have to set the topic subscription by the forum, usually an option in your profile but sometimes presented to you in your email... trying to turn it off via your email program is likely just to get the site blacklisted.

AOL was in use about 20 years ago...now it's just old crap. I use Gmail personally, but that's just because everything else is too expensive. All email services are slow, though. Someone needs to create something with bandwidth that gets used.

Note, now I find that Qwest blacklists the SRB2 server via a local DNSBL at bl.qwest.net

[spoiler:f7423d7287]
2009-07-13 20:12:32 1MQWZL-0008IP-W9 ** *****@qwest.net F=<*******@srb2.org> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<****@qwest.net>: host mx1.qwest.net [207.109.18.194]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [208.94.247.58] blocked using bl.qwest.net; IP 208.94.247.58 is locally blacklisted[/spoiler:f7423d7287]

For anyone that uses a Qwest email account, please request support to remove 208.94.247.58 from their blacklist if you wish to get emails from the forums.

PoisonUnagi said:
AOL was in use about 20 years ago...now it's just old crap. I use Gmail personally, but that's just because everything else is too expensive.All ema il services are slow, though. Someone needs to create something with bandwidth that gets used.

Actually, WOWWAY Email is pretty fast. Also who uses "QWEST?"

Good news, a AOL postmaster has removed the block, but it will take 24 to 48 hours for the change to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back