View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008   #14
I'll Begin
💪🐑

Default Re: Official Level Design Contest Voting: January/February 2

Single Player:

Emerald Valley Zone by I'll Begin: purple/10
I'm honestly not too proud of this map, but I'm glad it's been accepted better than I thought it would be.

Icy Caverns Zone by Boss/Azure Hawk: 5/10
This level wasn't bad. I like the ambient colourmap the entire stage has, but I hate how murky the water is, even in OpenGL. Also a litle flat, but I enjoyed it.

Lavender Lagoon Zone by Boss/Azure Hawk: ???
Gotta play this one again. I'll edit my opinion in.

Coastal Cave Zone, Act 1 by Arrisork: 4/10
This one wasn't too bad but most of the time I found myself running on flat land, but you've got something going here. Hope to see you post another SP map in the next contest.

Daimondus Zone, Act 2 by Glaber: 7/10
I was told this one wasn't good, but boy was that guy wrong. I liked this one very much. It's a great improvement from your previous Diamondius map. Great job

DimenGlabSpecial by Glaber: 0/10
No sir, I didn't like it. No more Mode7 imitations PLEASE! Also I could easily jump over the hands, which should of been an unpegged texture with a fake floor that prevents passage rather than a bunch of FOFs.

Forever Forest Zone by BlueZero4: 8/10
The broken texture thing was a bit of a pain in the arse, but it was worth the wait in the end. Your map was beautiful. However it was a bit too big and I didn't know where to go half the time. After 12 minutes I ended up dying and not finishing the stage. Make it shorter

Match:

MAPA1 - Arial Match Zone by Cheese: 2/10
A map based on a generic font? Oh wait that's a typo. This map actually wasn't very good. It was too open, hell for Sonic and there was nowhere to run.

MAPA2 - Last Stand Zone by ST218: ???
Haven't played this yet.

MAPA3 - Sand Fish by ST218: 2/10
Stank. It was way too open and too bland and wasn't terribly fun.

MAPA4 - Physics Lab Zone by Jazz: 9/10
I loved this so much I can't even put it into words, so I gave it a 9. This map is brilliant!

Might rate the Circuit maps too. We'll see.